What's new

mike hammer the complete series-stacy keach (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
according to the bits upcoming art section it is coming on 9/6. a&e is the one putting out the discs and if one follows the link at the bits the order info will come up at amazon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Interesting. Did A&E release Homicide: Life on the Street on DVD in the US? If so, then they'll do a good job with this Mike Hammer: Complete Series set.

It says on the Amazon.com link "Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer", so that means it won't include the late 90's syndicated series Mike Hammer, Private Eye. Will the following TV movies be included in the set:

Murder Me, Murder You

More Than Murder

The Return of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer

Murder Takes All ?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Can't help but confessing to be a typical male and will be getting this one for sure, old Mikey always ran into the most lovely ladies along the way.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfish
according to the bits upcoming art section it is coming on 9/6. a&e is the one putting out the discs and if one follows the link at the bits the order info will come up at amazon.

Paul,

Is this the 80's series (4 seasons, '84 thru '87, one ep aired in '89) that you saw mentioned over at the 'Bits? I looked for it over there but didn't see it. I probably missed that page at the Bits.

I see the product listing at Amazon but I guess it's to early for them to provide details about the release.

I hope it's the 80's series. It's been on my list for a long time.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The information I have had for a while was that A&E would be releasing the (superior) 1950s Darren McGavin Mike Hammer. I'm sure that's what this thankfully is.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Neil Brock
The information I have had for a while was that A&E would be releasing the (superior) 1950s Darren McGavin Mike Hammer. I'm sure that's what this thankfully is.

That is your opinion (superior). It's not a fact.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Richard V

That is your opinion (superior). It's not a fact.

For what it's worth, it's my opinion too.[/QUOTE]

That's cool by me ;). The previous poster has a history of posting in that manner, as if his opinions are fact at this forum. They aren't. I have opinions as well as that member, about shows he's mentioned and called "terrible" and insinuated that those that like certain shows have, shall we say, "questionable" tastes in TV shows. I have read such posts over the years and have not posted in a similar manner, regarding the content, about his shows.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

That's cool by me ;). The previous poster has a history of posting in that manner, as if his opinions are fact at this forum. They aren't. I have opinions as well as that member, about shows he's mentioned and called "terrible" and insinuated that those that like certain shows have, shall we say, "questionable" tastes in TV shows. I have read such posts over the years and have not posted in a similar manner, regarding the content, about his shows.

I've never seen either series so I can't comment on which one I'd like better. But I do agree with Jeff that it's best to err on the side of humility rather than arrogance when it comes to such things.

Gary "just my two cents" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

It says on the Amazon.com link "Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer", so that means it won't include the late 90's syndicated series Mike Hammer, Private Eye.

The late 90s version came out on DVD a few years ago, in 2005.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

My opinion. Never said otherwise. Both had their own cheesy appeal. From now on, I'll put IMO after every comment.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

That wouldn't be Tanya Roberts above centre would it?

Yes though the part of Velda the secretary was eventually played by Lindsay Bloom in the series and second TV movie, so Tanya unfortunately is only in the first TV movie. By the way, the 1980s Keach series is a Columbia show and I'm not sure if A&E have released any of their titles so maybe this coming release is in fact the McGavin show (?).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

Yes though the part of Velda the secretary was eventually played by Lindsay Bloom in the series and second TV movie, so Tanya unfortunately is only in the first TV movie. By the way, the 1980s Keach series is a Columbia show and I'm not sure if A&E have released any of their titles so maybe this coming release is in fact the McGavin show (?).

I was wondering how many episodes Tanya Roberts had been in, because of filming started on A View to a Kill in late summer/early autumn 1984.

The mystery deepens as to which Mike Hammer series this will be.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Wow. I fell into this thread because of a reference to Universal. This is great news. I have heard about this series but never seen it. I'll get it on the strength of McGavin alone. Even if he's not as good as he was as Kolchak, he's always worth watching IMO. It's also nice that its coming from A&E and not Timeless. Sometimes Timeless is farily indifferent to print quality. IMO. Its funny that in the first Night Stalker movie, they cast Ralph Meeker as McGavin's friend. That must have been intentional. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks