Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Direct burial COAX cable trunk line cut... TFC-T10 cable Any experience on splicing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   conuronton

conuronton

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted June 14 2011 - 03:18 AM

Direct burial coax cable trunk line coming from the pole has been cut....  Any experience on splicing?  Are the connectors "F" and would you use a coupler?  Seems like you would need some sort of seal for direct burial  I am sure my compression tool will not work on this very thick cable.  What about sourcing for materials?  I have a call in to the factory, Times Fiber company, but I'm sure my friends here at HTF will get answers faster!!

Thanks!!!!!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   dc94587

dc94587

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 14 2011 - 04:26 AM

I have got the same problem at the same time - this morning.

The TV cable was cut by my gardener. On the cable, it says TFC-T10. I looked and found this splice:

http://www.arrisistore.com/product.php?pid=050243

It is .625 and then it has two more different version .500 and .750. I don't see where on the cable mentioning it is .500, .625, or .750.

Is Commscope P3 equivalent to TFC T-10?

I still don't see how the connection is made? Screw in? Or there is a special compression tool to make the connection?