Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Better Off Dead (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,410 posts

Posted June 13 2011 - 02:55 AM

Posted Image

Street Date:

Aug 2, 2011

UPC: 0-9736-14522-4-1
Brand: VIACOM ACQUISITION
Actors: John Cusak
Genre: Comedy
Synopsis: After his girlfriend (AMANDA WYSS) ditches him for a boorish ski jock, Lane (JOHN CUSACK) decides that suicide is the only answer. However, his increasingly inept attempts bring him only more agony and embarrassment. Filled with the wildest teen nightmares, a family you can't help but identify with and a host of wonderful comic characters, Savage Steve Holland's writing/directorial debut is a masterful look at those painfully funny teen years.
PRODUCT INFO:
Runtime: 1 Hr. 37 Min. 0 Sec.
Languages: English Subtitled , French , Latin American Spanish
Audio: Dolby Digital , Mono , 2.0 Surround , 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio , Stereo
US Rating: PG

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,410 posts

Posted June 13 2011 - 02:55 AM

LOVE the cover art

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,514 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 16 2011 - 07:10 AM

Me too, kinda funny.
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 5 ONLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,216 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted June 16 2011 - 07:34 AM

If the price is right, a must-buy. I'm just introducing my teenage kids to the limited oeuvre of Savage Steve Holland (only 3 films, and a whole lotta TV work, including the underrated Eek! The Cat). Now Warner and Fox need to get on the stick and release One Crazy Summer and How I Got Into College on Blu.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 409 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted June 16 2011 - 10:19 AM

I have a soft spot for Better Off Dead (and The Sure Thing) and after revisiting Ferris Bueller on the last day of classes (I love how my students can still appreciate a film where teens don't have cell phones or iPods), I need some more classic 80s teen comedy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users