Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

De Palma's OBSESSION (1976)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted June 09 2011 - 11:21 AM

I'm reading that a Blu-Ray of De Palma's OBSESSION is in the works coming up in the next few weeks (late June 2011) in Great Britain.  I'm also reading that it may be region free, though the specs I saw are non-committal on that front.

I've always been a fan of De Palma's '70s and early '80s work.  Favorites are CARRIE, DRESSED TO KILL, BLOW-OUT, and BODY DOUBLE, but somehow I'd always missed seeing OBSESSION.  Just within the past couple of days, I found it listed on my streaming Blu-Ray player through the Crackle.com service, so I sat down to watch it.

While the obnoxious commercial breaks on Crackle were hard to take, I still managed to really enjoy the movie and would love to upgrade now to something official.  The DVD is long out of print, and there's no sign of a US Blu-Ray that I can see.

Anyone have any new information on a possible US release of OBSESSION?

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,262 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Harry-N 

Anyone have any new information on a possible US release of OBSESSION?

Harry

That would be Sony's call here in the States. I look forward to the Optimum UK release... and, by the way, DON'T LOOK NOW is about to emerge from them on Blu, also.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   gomezfan69

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 01:54 PM

The U.K. release has been postponed till July. Arrow's website lists it as region ABC and I doubt we'll see a U.S release any time soon.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 02:15 PM

Any word on whether the UK version of Obsession will have PAL for any of the extra features?

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   ShowsOn

ShowsOn

Second Unit

• 253 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by gomezfan69 

The U.K. release has been postponed till July. Arrow's website lists it as region ABC and I doubt we'll see a U.S release any time soon.

Oh crap, my sister just pre-ordered it for my birthday, which is in late June.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Cassy_w

Cassy_w

Second Unit

• 461 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 04:44 AM

I loved this movie. Especially the music score. It's haunting.

Death to PG-13! And now death to DVNR too!!