Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"West Side Story" blu-ray Street Date:October 17th

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 of 207 OFFLINE   Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen

Supporting Actor

• 533 posts

Posted November 11 2011 - 03:04 PM

I think that Saul Bass did design the overture and title sequences for WWS.   

Yes... That is correct. He designed the overture and end title sequence. But it was always assumed by me and I gather an awful lot of people that he also designed the poster and logo. That he didn't do...

#202 of 207 OFFLINE   AdrianTurner

AdrianTurner

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted November 11 2011 - 08:33 PM

Well, we all stand corrected and in the naughty corner for not doing proper research. Obviously Mr Caroff is a hero of the unsung variety, though a simple Google has revealed he also designed the 007 logo. I wonder what else he did?

#203 of 207 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,418 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted November 12 2011 - 12:25 AM

Whoa.  Amazing.  Mr. Joseph Caroff sits in good company, and we owe him a lifetime of gratitude and long deserved recognition.

#204 of 207 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,977 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted November 12 2011 - 07:56 AM

Posted ImageWhile checking around for some Mysterious Island promo ads, I completely forgot about these.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#205 of 207 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,524 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 13 2011 - 03:17 AM

Allen, where you finding all these wonderful graphics? All over the web or one site? Guys, after all this discussion are you buying this release? I see that target has what looks to be a digibook, 2 blu discs, and a DVD. $17, available Tuesday.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#206 of 207 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,524 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 13 2011 - 06:50 AM

Never mind. I read the review.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#207 of 207 OFFLINE   Everett Stallings

Everett Stallings

Second Unit

• 400 posts
  • LocationWilmington,De

Posted March 07 2012 - 03:50 AM

New "West Side Story" Blu-Ray release 4/12 ! Up 4 pre-order @ Wal-Mart. Does anybody know anything about this?
Former projectionist @ all downtown theatres in Balto. City.Which are all closed. frown.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users