-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Charlie's Angels Season 5

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 of 69 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,271 posts

Posted July 23 2012 - 10:58 PM

For $46 I'm likely to just say screw it and order the set. Just annoyed that they couldn't be bothered to release the last, truncated season separately especially because the people that would most want it are the people that already bought the last 4 (and season 4 of this show was absolutely atrocious to me). 17 eps should have an msrp of $30 and a street price around $20- so $26 extra for material I just don't need. Not cool, Sony.

It is amazing that Sony decides to sell S1-S5 after S4 last came out in 2009. I picked up Charlie's Angels when the sets were about $15-20 range. I like S5, but not at the expense on double dipping. I will wait out Charlie's Angels as S5 has low priority in my DVD budget. I have already geared up my purchases for the next few months based on the released schedule.

#62 of 69 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 12:57 AM

I have already geared up my purchases for the next few months based on the released schedule.

I do that too. I use an excel list inputting the upcoming titles I'm interested in with their MSRP, and then prioritize them. Helps keep track of how much I spend and how much I'm going to be spending. I've got a budget for the last 5 months of the year figured out, and this year I think I will be able to stick to it and possibly even come in under it for a change. Usually I end up blowing it by a good % with all the good nickle and dime sales that hit post BF and post Christmas. The only way I think could run into trouble is if the Batman TV show gets a special release from somebody like Time-Life. Something like that would easily be a multi hundred $ set- but that's about the only property at this point that could cause me to drop that kind of money. I'm confident someday it will show up, but it may not be this year. The only thing I'm concerned about with CA S5 is that they bypass single pressed sets and dump it straight into the MOD program- where it would cost almost as much as the pressed set and be on possibly less reliable media.

#63 of 69 Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 06:46 AM

Bad news: It's been revealed that the discs will be packaged on spindles just like the Good Times, Soap, etc. sets.

#64 of 69 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,271 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 07:00 AM

Bad news: It's been revealed that the discs will be packaged on spindles just like the Good Times, Soap, etc. sets.

Sony is just slamming the released together in quick/cheapest way. I have no interest in the spindle sets and/or double dipping. If the studio does not plan to release S5 by itself then i will wait out the complete series until its is dirt cheap.

#65 of 69 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 972 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 09:22 AM

Wow. Quell Suprise! :rolleyes:

#66 of 69 Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thanks very much for posting this complete series link.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#67 of 69 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 972 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 09:43 AM

tvshowsondvd.com has a new story on this set. In that report Sony has said that Season 5 will be coming out separately at a later date. It doesn't say how much later, but it will be coming. Good news on that. Here's the link: http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/17305

#68 of 69 Cherry97

Cherry97

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 09 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hey Paul, I crave S5 just for the fact i want to complete my sets. I believe when S5 came out i was into different things and had lost interest in the show. I was happy in one way that is Jaclyn Smith stayed with the show from the start to the finish. Jaclyn Smith was my favorite Angel. No disrespect to Cheryl Ladd, but the original angels will always have a place in my heart. I remember the posters (i.e. Farah Fawcetts), trading cards, etc related to the S1 as a kid.

I know what you mean, except for me it was the longest running Angels....Cheryl Ladd, Jaclyn Smith, and Kate Jackson who will always have a special place in my heart. I remember being obsessed/addicted to Kelly, Kris, and Sabrina when I was a kid. I adored them. They were the ultimate heros. I had a Kris doll and a Kelly doll. I had a Kris/Kelly/Sabrina lunch box and trading cards. My cousins and I would play Charlie's Angels and I was either Kelly or Kris. Aww.....Kris, Kelly, and Sabrina! That trio (along with Bosley) was pure magic for me as a kid. :D

#69 of 69 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted December 30 2012 - 05:11 PM

$36.62 and available for Amazon Prime as of right now. I may have to swing for this when I get paid! :cool:

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users