THE STATE OF APPLE
54 Million active Mac users around the world
PC Market shrank 1% while Mac went up 28% (YEAH!)
Majority of Mac sales 73% notebooks
Sold over 200 Million iOS devices
iOS #1 Mobile Operating System with more than 44% of Market
More than 25 Million iPads sold (including iPad and iPad 2)
iTunes has sold more than 15 billion songs
iBookstore has sold over more than 130 million downloadable books
There are more than 425,000 apps with more than 90,000 specifically made for the iPad
14 billion apps downloaded form App Store
More than 100,000 game and entertainment titles on the App Store
There are 50 million Game Center users
18 Million Songs in iTunes Music Store
LION OS X
Lion will boast over 250 new features. Here are the highlights:
* Multitouch gestures - momentum based scrolling, multitouch apps, pinch to zoom, swipe through photos, slides webpages.
* Fullscreen Applications - while in mode a simple swipe gesture allows you to switch between apps and desktop. Safari, Mail, iCal, iMovie and iPhoto just a few apps that will run fullscreen.
* Mission Control gives you a birds-eye view of everything live on your Mac complete with iPhone-like zooming capabilities. Initiates with a three-finger swipe down. Multiple SPACES included in Mission control.
* Facial Tracking in Photobooth.
* Mac App Store continues to be the #1 software channel for buying software. Buying products from store automatically go into your launch pad.
* Resume and Versions Now when you shut down and restart an app in Lion, the app remembers where you left off rather than starting from the beginning again. Works system-wide. Lion also automatically saves your documents in the background so even with a system crash, your work is not lost. You can also opt not to have documents autosaved. You can even take a manual snapshot of the project. A Time Machine function allows you to easily browse through all the versions of the document you are working on. You can even copy and paste between different versions of your documents.
* Launchpad gives you a birds-eye view of all the apps on your system. Like iOS you can create individual folders to categorize all your apps.
* Air Drop, a peer to peer file sharing utility, makes it easy to share files between computers. Auto discovery and setup. Fully encrypted transfer.
* Mail now features two or three column views. NEW SEARCH SUGGESTIONS can recognize whether you are searching for a person and subject and then confirms search. CONVERSATION VIEW shows your messages just as they were sent.
FaceTime us built in, there is a Windows Migration Tool and Lion Server add-on
Only Available in Mac App Store: Buy and Download Immediately
$29.99 available in July
More than 200 new user features. Here are a few:
* Notification Center allows you to get all your notifications from one single place from anywhere you are with just a simple swipe down of the finger. Any notification from the iPhone, including stocks and weather arrives here.
* Lock Screen Information improved. Notifications pushed there and when sliding your finger across it it will take you directly to the application that sent it.
* Newsstand will give you subscription access to newspapers and magazines. Magazines available in App Store. Background downloads featured so you can read a Newspaper offline.
* Twitter is being added as a single sign-on feature and has been integrated with many apps including Camera and Photos which allows you to tweet directly without having to go to the Twitter app. You can tweet from Safari , videos from YouTube or from Maps. There is also added integration with contacts.
* Safari Reader turns a story you are reading in a browser into something more presentable, up front and center. You can save a particular story to read it later while making it available on your other Mac devices such as the iPad or iPhone.
* Full Tabbed Browsing has now been added to Safari. Multi-page reviews can be turned into one entire story with a single tap. If you don't have time to finish reading a story, you can tap it from within Safari and have a saved version sent to your other devices to read later.
* Reminders is an app reminder that lets you create a to-do list that will actually remind you of everything you need including Birthdays. It can also set up associate locations. Reminders will sync with calDAV, iCal and Exchange on Windows.
* Camera is better than ever with a lockscreen shortcut directly to it so you are always ready to take a photo. You can now use the volume-up button to take a photo. Optional grids have been added to better allow you to compose your photo. Pinch and Zoom with camera App. Hold your finger over a part of the scene and the auto exposure will be automatically set with autofocus lock. You can do things like crop and rotate plus redeye reduction.
* Mail now supports rich text formatting (bold, italic, underline). Has draggable addresses between fields. Added support for flagging. Search entire contents of message. Flag messages. The iPad features a Swipe to Inbox gesture. Enterprise customers now have encrypted email support identifiable by someone else's sent certificate.
* Dictionary has now been added to the entire OS.
* Keyboard has been improved moving keys closer to your thumbs on the sides.
* PC FREE offers wireless syncing. iTunes is no longer needed to activate iPhone as that is done over the air. Software updates are done completely over the air. Plus, instead of downloading an entirely new OS version, you only download what has changed.
* Game Center has some enhancements including the addition of photos, comparing scores against friends via achievement points and game recommendations that may help you discover some you don't know about.
* iMessage is a new service between iOS 5 customers that supports iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Send text, messages, photos, videos. New features include optional read receipts, typing indications so you know if the other person is typing. Secure encryption. Works on 3G + WiFi. Messaging pops up over a game so that the play is not interrupted, or if you wish, you can go directly to the message.
FaceTime quality improved, new iPad music app, weather for your current location, custom vibration patterns, alternate routes in Maps and WiFi sync to iTunes. New multitasking gestures so you can flip through apps.
iOS5 will be supported on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2, third and fourth generation iPod Touch
iOS5 will ship to all customers this fall
Moves the digital hub, the center of your digital life, into the cloud. If you get something on your iPhone, it sends it to the cloud immediately where it gets stored and then pushed to your other devices. Everything is kept in perfect sync across devices. You don't need to be near your Mac or PC. Calenders and phone contact changes pushed to all devices. You can also share calendars with other people. Users are given a @me.com mail address.
* New mail messages pushed to all your devices. Inbox and folders kept up-to-date on all devices.
* You can see app purchase history on all your devices. Push a button and that app is sent to your particular device. New app store purchases downloads to all your devices including books that bookmarks will be shared.
* Backups of all your important contents will be done once per day to the cloud.
* Documents will automatically be pushed to every device that has Pages, Numbers and Keynote on it. Versions will also be available across devices. Even away from your home PC you can show off your latest documents on your iPhone of iPad. iCloud updates and pushes documents to your other devices. Never forget a presentation! Works across all iOS devices including Macs & PCs.
* Photo Stream brings the cloud to photos. No longer do you need to transfer photos over to other devices. Photos are automatically uploaded and stored to the cloud where it is instantly pushed to all devices including your Mac. Ready for you when you get home. Take a picture on your iPhone and instantly view it on your iPad. On your PC, photos go into your pictures folder or straight to your Apple TV to view on your display. The last 1,000 photos will be stored on the cloud server and synched. Any you want to keep forever can be done by moving them into an album.
* iTunes also comes to the Cloud. Buy a song and it's available on all your devices. A purchase button shows your entire history of purchased iTunes music. You can download individuals items to a device or just pick those you want. You can download any song to any of your devices without an additional charge. Any song you previously purchased re-downloads at no additional cost. Up to 10 devices can download your music every time you buy. High quality 256 kbps AAC.
FREE upon upgrade to iOS 5. Just type Apple ID and Password. 5GB of free storage included (not counting photo stream)
Additionally, a iTunes Match service that matches songs in your library and upgrades them to 256kbps AAC DRM-free will be available for $24.99 per year.
Available to everyone today. Will run on iPhone 4s with iTunes in the Cloud.