Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ray bradbury mystery theatre

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 02:51 PM

I just purchased Ray Bradbury's mystery theatre and i notice that airing seems to be out of sync. I have watched a few episodes and they are decently done, but the quality does appear to be compromised at times. I welcome people's thoughts and/or concerns.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted June 04 2011 - 11:45 PM

Is this the same as the old Ray Bradbury Theater that used to air on Scifi? Its probably because it was one of the earliest film-to-tape shows IIRC.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted June 06 2011 - 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Dalek 

Is this the same as the old Ray Bradbury Theater that used to air on Scifi? Its probably because it was one of the earliest film-to-tape shows IIRC.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the response!

I have watched a few episodes and i am very impressed with the plots. I am a huge Ray Bradbury fan as i have read both Fahrenheit 451 along with Martian Chronicles as part of my english courses in 1980s.

There has been some interesting episodes, especially with the endings! I have Ray Bradbury's Theatre up there with Twilight zone, night gallery, etc. It is too bad they do not make shows like this or that space does not air this show again. I am sure space could benefit from this show as compare to the stargate crap that is constantly on Spacecast in Canada. I think spacecast should create classic space channel so shows like Ray Bradbury, Time Tunnel, The Invaders, V The Series, Logan Run's TV Series, Night Gallery, Thriller, Outerlimits, etc can be aired.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,058 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 09:44 AM

I had forgotten about this show, but saw the series is on Amazon for $10. I plan on picking it up soon.

Thanks!

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 12:44 PM

Is this thread about the 1980s show?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 12:44 PM

Is this thread about the 1980s show?

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted July 15 2013 - 07:09 PM

I would pick this up, but the visual quality is supposed to be simply awful. They crammed the entire series onto 5 discs. After reading the Amazon reviews I think I'll pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users