Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Do good speakers mean good surround?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   PeterofCanada

PeterofCanada

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 12:51 AM

I have a home theater I have cobbled together over the years. Now I have bought a good projector and want to make sure my audio is at least in the realm of good.  I am just not sure that my stuff actually works well for Blueray and 5.1. The speakers are Paradigms.  I haver RTI8's for front speakers and Atom v.2 for rear speakers.  My center speakers is a Sony CN200AV. I have any of three receivers I could use.  Sony STRDE605 or Harman/Kardon HK3380 or Pioneer VSXD514 any input/education appreciated

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 02:30 AM

Welcome Peter It's not clear if you are looking for all new speakers of a quick fix of what you have.   The major flaw of your existing inventory is your Sony center channel.  It should be replaced with a Paradigm center channel that is timbre matched to for front speakers.   This is important because in a 5.1 system the center channel handles most of the dialog and must coordinate with your front Left and Right. I don't see a sub so you might consider adding one. Your receivers appear to be quite dated and something new might give you better connection options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users