Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NEWHART: The Complete Second Season

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tom_Tagliente19

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted May 31 2011 - 08:32 AM

Has anyone read or heard talk of the release for the second season of NEWHART on DVD? I bought season one a few years ago and have been patiently waiting for the second season. Thanks everyone.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,793 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted May 31 2011 - 11:50 AM

I emailed Fox a bit over a year ago about this title.  The reply was a "It's not on the schedule and there are no plans" type.  I've not had the heart to ask again.  They abandoned "The Bob Newhart Show" with only 2 seasons left and I doubt they have any interest in continuing "Newhart" either, in spite of it running longer and having better overall ratings.  I feel S1 sold poorly as many people really didn't "jump on" the series until the Stephanie years - S2 and on.  Kind of like the Markie Post on Night Court scenario. I'd pick up either series continuation on release day to show support and encourage more.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,513 posts

Posted May 31 2011 - 12:03 PM

Fox seems to have given up on TBNS, as well as two other favorites of mine (The Big Valley and The Fall Guy). Mary Tyler Moore had been on that list, but thankfully it was recently completed. I'm still hoping Shout Factory will pick up where Fox left off on these incomplete classics.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,556 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 31 2011 - 01:39 PM

This should have been either a complete series set, had the first two seasons released at once, or released in reverse order. I was hoping Shout! Factory would do the abandoned MTM shows (i.e. everything not starring the company's founder other than Remington Steele) once they did Rhoda, but their Fox releases have stalled. The two Bob Newhart sitcoms are classics that deserve to be released in their entirety.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users