What's new

ANTENNA TV: Burns & Allen, Rin Tin Tin, Circus Boy back on the schedule (1 Viewer)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Now that we finally have Antenna TV in my area, I have a question. Did RCA/Columbia House release the entire 52-53 season on VHS? Or was it just selected episodes?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Almost all of it. The releases were chronological and skipped only the first few episodes of the season and maybe just one or two others. They made it partway into S4 (through December 1953) before the releases stopped altogether.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Great. I had some of those releases but assumed there were only a handfull of eps that got out. I'll have to find the rest of them.
Does anyone know which "era" of the series Antenna TV is showing ? Are they skipping the first few seasons ?

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
David Rain said:
Does anyone know which "era" of the series Antenna TV is showing ? Are they skipping the first few seasons ?
Seasons 3 thru 8.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The first two seasons were live shows that only exist as kinescopes and were never syndicated. These are the episodes you can find on public domain DVD releases.

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
I know that they've got Barney Miller and Benson coming in the fall, but those aren't exactly huge programming changes... in fact, from what I understand, even those series are only going to air Sunday nights.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Personally, I really enjoy most of the shows Antenna TV and ME tv are showing and I worry which of my favorite shows they will replace eventually with new programming. Burns and Allen and Jack Benny are now showing after midnight. I watch Three's Company every night faithfully and don't get tired of it. In fact I even enjoy watching Three's a Crowd.:P

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by rmw650 /t/311786/antenna-tv-burns-allen-rin-tin-tin-circus-boy-back-on-the-schedule#post_3953444
Hoping this station gets/acquires some newer programming to freshen up their schedules a little bit.
If Sony still has a deal with Antenna TV, I would like to see them add Born Free and Ghost Story/Circle of Fear to the schedule. Both these Sony shows were recently released on DVD through their made on demand program. Plus they are going to release Iron Horse on MOD which is(or was) already on Antenna's TV schedule.
This gives me hope that maybe Sony will remaster the Farmer's Daughter for MOD someday.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Ron Lee Green said:
This gives me hope that maybe Sony will remaster the Farmer's Daughter for MOD someday.
Sony wouldn't spend the money to remaster and strike up prints for ANTENNA TV on the series, the chances of a DVD or MOD release are slim.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Sony has been notorious for NOT going back and striking up episodes of series being syndicated that they don't have an off the shelf masters on - 3 episodes of the half hour NAKED CITY are missing from the syndication package, as well as several filmed BURNS AND ALLEN episodes - all exist and sitting the vaults.
It was bad enough with the RIN TIN TIN episodes shown on ANTENNA TV - they were the colorized versions with the color toned down and the "replacement" music - again, they all exist.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
Sony wouldn't spend the money to remaster and strike up prints for ANTENNA TV on the series, the chances of a DVD or MOD release are slim.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Sony has been notorious for NOT going back and striking up episodes of series being syndicated that they don't have an off the shelf masters on - 3 episodes of the half hour NAKED CITY are missing from the syndication package, as well as several filmed BURNS AND ALLEN episodes - all exist and sitting the vaults.
It was bad enough with the RIN TIN TIN episodes shown on ANTENNA TV - they were the colorized versions with the color toned down and the "replacement" music - again, they all exist.
Exactly right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks