Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ANTENNA TV: Burns & Allen, Rin Tin Tin, Circus Boy back on the schedule

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,108 posts

Posted July 23 2012 - 09:40 PM

Now that we finally have Antenna TV in my area, I have a question. Did RCA/Columbia House release the entire 52-53 season on VHS? Or was it just selected episodes?
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,454 posts

Posted July 23 2012 - 11:44 PM

Almost all of it. The releases were chronological and skipped only the first few episodes of the season and maybe just one or two others. They made it partway into S4 (through December 1953) before the releases stopped altogether.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,108 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 12:13 AM

Great. I had some of those releases but assumed there were only a handfull of eps that got out. I'll have to find the rest of them. Does anyone know which "era" of the series Antenna TV is showing ? Are they skipping the first few seasons ?
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Brent S

Brent S

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 06:06 AM

Does anyone know which "era" of the series Antenna TV is showing ? Are they skipping the first few seasons ?
Seasons 3 thru 8.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,454 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 10:19 AM

The first two seasons were live shows that only exist as kinescopes and were never syndicated. These are the episodes you can find on public domain DVD releases.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,177 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hoping this station gets/acquires some newer programming to freshen up their schedules a little bit.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   skees53

skees53

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 06:42 PM

I know that they've got Barney Miller and Benson coming in the fall, but those aren't exactly huge programming changes... in fact, from what I understand, even those series are only going to air Sunday nights.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 669 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 11:34 PM

Personally, I really enjoy most of the shows Antenna TV and ME tv are showing and I worry which of my favorite shows they will replace eventually with new programming. Burns and Allen and Jack Benny are now showing after midnight. I watch Three's Company every night faithfully and don't get tired of it. In fact I even enjoy watching Three's a Crowd.:P

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 646 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw650 /t/311786/antenna-tv-burns-allen-rin-tin-tin-circus-boy-back-on-the-schedule#post_3953444 Hoping this station gets/acquires some newer programming to freshen up their schedules a little bit.
 If Sony still has a deal with Antenna TV, I would like to see them add Born Free and Ghost Story/Circle of Fear to the schedule. Both these Sony shows were recently released on DVD through their made on demand program. Plus they are going to release Iron Horse on MOD which is(or was) already on Antenna's TV schedule. This gives me hope that maybe Sony will remaster the Farmer's Daughter for MOD someday.
"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,111 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 08:06 PM

This gives me hope that maybe Sony will remaster the Farmer's Daughter for MOD someday.
Sony wouldn't spend the money to remaster and strike up prints for ANTENNA TV on the series, the chances of a DVD or MOD release are slim. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Sony has been notorious for NOT going back and striking up episodes of series being syndicated that they don't have an off the shelf masters on - 3 episodes of the half hour NAKED CITY are missing from the syndication package, as well as several filmed BURNS AND ALLEN episodes - all exist and sitting the vaults. It was bad enough with the RIN TIN TIN episodes shown on ANTENNA TV - they were the colorized versions with the color toned down and the "replacement" music - again, they all exist.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,282 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 05:07 AM

Sony wouldn't spend the money to remaster and strike up prints for ANTENNA TV on the series, the chances of a DVD or MOD release are slim. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Sony has been notorious for NOT going back and striking up episodes of series being syndicated that they don't have an off the shelf masters on - 3 episodes of the half hour NAKED CITY are missing from the syndication package, as well as several filmed BURNS AND ALLEN episodes - all exist and sitting the vaults. It was bad enough with the RIN TIN TIN episodes shown on ANTENNA TV - they were the colorized versions with the color toned down and the "replacement" music - again, they all exist.
Exactly right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users