Coming Soon From Olive Films

• Please log in to reply
2424 replies to this topic

#2101 of 2425 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 416 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 11:58 AM

well I emailed Olive and they replied back to me, saying they made a mistake with their reply to David Weaver about the film  and aren't getting MoPB, bummer :( !

Misterlime was right (unfortunately) :)

Edited by David Steigman, August 22 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#2102 of 2425 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,202 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 22 2013 - 12:34 PM

IIRC, Olive takes December off from releases, so I wouldn't be surprised to see November have The Bells of St. Mary's on its schedule.

Hopefully my most anticipated title, The Pawnbroker, makes it out in October or November.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#2103 of 2425 OFFLINE   bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 900 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 05:52 PM

well I emailed Olive and they replied back to me, saying they made a mistake with their reply to David Weaver about the film and aren't getting MoPB, bummer :( !
Misterlime was right (unfortunately) :)

Wow! They replied to your email? Might be a first!

#2104 of 2425 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 416 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:07 PM

Wow! They replied to your email? Might be a first!

I message them on Facebook sometimes. They like my suggestion for a coffee mug ..they told me to stay tuned for Beware My Lovely news also. 

Ive given them some movie suggestions and requested they get the extras for Dr Terror for the Blu ray release...I think one of the reasons its taking this long is they are trying to do something special for that title like Witchboard II. I could be wrong of course but its just a hunch. Misterlime could announce it on this page and thats that :) 

#2105 of 2425 OFFLINE   Nailwraps

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:46 PM

WITCHBOARD 2: THE DEVIL'S DOORWAY - SPECIAL FEATURES

• AUDIO COMMENTARY with writer and director KEVIN S. TENNEY
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES FEATURETTE – Includes interviews with AMI DOLENZ,
   LARAINE NEWMAN, TIMOTHY GIBBS, JULIE MICHAELS, KEVIN S. TENNEY
   and others
• Two Deleted Scenes
• Two Home Video Trailers
• Three TV Spots

I'm digging the special features. Now why can't Olive do this with their titles more often (especially porting over extras from the Lionsgate releases of the Republic library)?

#2106 of 2425 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 12:57 AM

According to Olive's Facebook page, they plan to release I've Always Loved You, Magnificent Doll, and That's My Man next year. 

#2107 of 2425 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 01:53 PM

P.S. I would love to see more October announcements! Thanks in advance!  ;)

#2108 of 2425 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 416 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm digging the special features. Now why can't Olive do this with their titles more often (especially porting over extras from the Lionsgate releases of the Republic library)?

Mainly because many of the cast and crew of their older titles are dead ?  Maybe they know the horror movies sell so well that they want to include some stuff to sweeten the pot even more ? Who knows. I know Ticks had extras on it as well

#2109 of 2425 OFFLINE   Paul Penna

Paul Penna

Supporting Actor

• 526 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 02:17 PM

Could be a rights issue of the kind that prevents Twilight Time from porting over extras from previous DVD releases of films they license.

#2110 of 2425 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,528 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 25 2013 - 10:38 AM

I really think this thread should move to the Blu Ray section and merge with the Olive thread there, which is largely redundant. I doubt most of the people who read this thread are buying the SD releases of Olive titles and shouldn't the posts of the Olive "insider" MisterLime be where the most people will read them? Just a friendly suggestion. :)

#2111 of 2425 OFFLINE   FrankXS

FrankXS

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 02:27 PM

I still buy the SD titles from Olive and would not appreciate this thread moving to Blu Ray.

• BobO'Link likes this

#2112 of 2425 OFFLINE   mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 777 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:15 PM

Speaking for the 5 or so of us left in the world without a Blu Ray player, SD works just fine for me.  :rolleyes:

• BobO'Link likes this

#2113 of 2425 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,145 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:31 PM

I really think this thread should move to the Blu Ray section and merge with the Olive thread there, which is largely redundant. I doubt most of the people who read this thread are buying the SD releases of Olive titles and shouldn't the posts of the Olive "insider" MisterLime be where the most people will read them? Just a friendly suggestion. :)

There is a specific reason the threads are kept separate - there is to be no critical discussion of Olive here, but it's allowed in the other thread.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#2114 of 2425 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,528 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 25 2013 - 04:19 PM

There is a specific reason the threads are kept separate - there is to be no critical discussion of Olive here, but it's allowed in the other thread.

??? Why?

#2115 of 2425 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 04:38 PM

??? Why?

Because this is an 'informational' thread, and the other is a 'discussion' thread.

And basically, there are a lot of people who went overboard with the negativity and personal agendas.   While that is accepted in a discussion thread, it tended to overwhelm the flow of actual information.    And almost drove away the people who were passing on the information.

• Moe Dickstein likes this

#2116 of 2425 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,528 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 25 2013 - 05:47 PM

To quote disconnected youth everywhere: Whatever. Two threads are redundant and the no critical rule seems unnecessary to me, but I don't make 'em, I only break 'em. ;)

#2117 of 2425 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,251 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sorry, Mr. Echo, the Olive thread is just fine here. There are still a handful of us who don't worship at the altar of the Blu-ray god! Two threads are hardly redundant. One is for the blu ray fanboys and the other for the SD crowd. Everybody is happy and no one is left out.

#2118 of 2425 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,145 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:37 PM

POPULAR

It's not a DVD/Blu separation, it's so that MrLime feels he can share here without dissension. It's all there in the older posts.

Amazing that anyone would deny themselves HD at this point and actually seem proud to admit it.
  • Professor Echo, Richard V, FoxyMulder and 1 other like this

#2119 of 2425 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,251 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 10:13 PM

Amazing that anyone would deny themselves HD at this point and actually seem proud to admit it.

That sounds suspiciously like "Amazing that anyone would deny the existence of God at this point and actually seem proud to admit it"! Non-believers are as fervent in their beliefs as Christians, Mr. Dickstein, though understandably not as popular.

#2120 of 2425 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,145 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 10:17 PM

Funny you put it that way since as an Athiest I'd flip your analogy ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users