What's new

Question about an announcement made last year (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Last year, Warner Bros hosted one of their online chats and made several semi announcements or teases about many long hoped for releases.

The one that really got my attention was the reference that they were hoping for MAVERICK release, with an official announcement coming.

Has there been any announcement on the release of the original MAVERICK series??

YOUNG MAVERICK?? BRET MAVERICK??

Was just wondering.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Short answer - no.

With the release on Cheyenne Season 2 on the Warner Archives it is very likely that Maverick could go the same route, although I hope that someone like Shout pick it up so we get it on pressed discs.

A good place to ask is on the Warner Archives Facebook page where they sometimes respond to questions.

S

silverking

They first mentioned 'Maverick' as "under consideration" at least 3 years ago in an online chat.

I would agree with Wes that it will be an archives release if at all.

A lot of fans will probably have got it from 'Encore Westerns' anyway.

I think by ignoring their old classic series ,both western & detective, for so long their time has passed & WB have missed mopping up any luke warm gravy there might have been.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by silverking

They first mentioned 'Maverick' as "under consideration" at least 3 years ago in an online chat.

I think by ignoring their old classic series ,both western & detective, for so long their time has passed & WB have missed mopping up any luke warm gravy there might have been.

Actually, it was April 2010 when WHV said that they were looking at Maverick. I think that Maverick is probably the best television show Warner Brothers ever produced, and it deserves a nonArchives release. Due to it only being run for 4 1/2 years, it would also be eminantly doable. I would not even mind if they released the later seasons in half season set. Hopefully, WHV will do the right thing.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by silverking

And every day that goes by, the market diminishes. More people die, go into the nursing home and retire to a smaller income that would have bought any of these shows. I can't see too many non-Boomers anxious to get their hands on Surfside 6 or King's Row.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks