Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about an announcement made last year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted May 23 2011 - 02:30 AM

Last year, Warner Bros hosted one of their online chats and made several semi announcements or teases about many long hoped for releases.

The one that really got my attention was the reference that they were hoping for MAVERICK release, with an official announcement coming.

Has there been any announcement on the release of the original MAVERICK series??

YOUNG MAVERICK??  BRET MAVERICK??

Was just wondering.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted May 23 2011 - 04:28 AM

Short answer - no.

With the release on Cheyenne Season 2 on the Warner Archives it is very likely that Maverick could go the same route, although I hope that someone like Shout pick it up so we get it on pressed discs.

A good place to ask is on the Warner Archives Facebook page where they sometimes respond to questions.

#3 of 5 Guest_silverking_*

Guest_silverking_*

Posted May 23 2011 - 07:41 PM

They first mentioned 'Maverick' as "under consideration" at least 3 years ago in an online chat.

I would agree with Wes that it will be an archives release if at all.

A lot of fans will probably have got it from 'Encore Westerns' anyway.

I think by ignoring their old classic series ,both western & detective, for so long their time has passed & WB have missed mopping up any luke warm gravy there might have been.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by silverking 

They first mentioned 'Maverick' as "under consideration" at least 3 years ago in an online chat.

I think by ignoring their old classic series ,both western & detective, for so long their time has passed & WB have missed mopping up any luke warm gravy there might have been.

Actually, it was April 2010 when WHV said that they were looking at Maverick.  I think that Maverick is probably the best television show Warner Brothers ever produced, and it deserves a nonArchives release.  Due to it only being run for 4 1/2 years, it would also be eminantly doable.  I would not even mind if they released the later seasons in half season set.  Hopefully, WHV will do the right thing.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,143 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by silverking 

And every day that goes by, the market diminishes. More people die, go into the nursing home and retire to a smaller income that would have bought any of these shows. I can't see too many non-Boomers anxious to get their hands on Surfside 6 or King's Row.