What's new

Yet another subwoofer placement question (1 Viewer)

Real Name
james
Hello,

I'm having a bit trouble with the sound coming from my subwoofer. It just happens that where my couch placement in my room is the "dead spot", or where you can't hear the bass and some parts some boomy. The couch is set towards the middle of my room, and the subwoofer is in the only spot I can fit it. It seems like the couch position is just a bass dead spot, because my left and right channel speakers are heavy is bass as well, and it cannot be heard from my sitting position as well. The weird part is, if I lean my head down, towards the floor at my seating position, I can hear the bass clearly, from the thump to the 80hz and below frequencies. And another thing, I can hear the frequencies from about 80hz and below but they do not sound as clear as they should.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
my left and right channel speakers are heavy is bass as well
Are your mains set to large or small? If your mains are set to large and your sub is out of phase with them, then there will be cancellation. Set them to small so the sub handles all of the bass duties.

How have you calibrated your entire system? Have you plotted the in-room frequency response of your sub?

Hicks

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I'm a big believer in the "bass crawl" method of sub placement myself.

http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/speaker-setup-guidelines/crawling-for-bass-subwoofer-placement

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks