Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ever wish to see TV DVD Manufacturing Process?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted May 18 2011 - 04:27 PM

Dear Guys:

On the History Channel and a few others, there are programs that show the various processes and histories that go into making candies, toys, books, tools, etc. I'm sure some of you have seen bits of these shows as you've turned the channels over the years, but have you ever wished they'd do an episode on turning regular tv episodes into TV DVDs. I have to admit I'm curious to see how a restoration team, goes through the process of tracking down the best prints of a show, restore them, and then convert them into DVDs.

Any of you curious as well?

Comments?

James

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,497 posts

Posted May 18 2011 - 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by JamesSmith 

Dear Guys:

On the History Channel and a few others, there are programs that show the various processes and histories that go into making candies, toys, books, tools, etc. I'm sure some of you have seen bits of these shows as you've turned the channels over the years, but have you ever wished they'd do an episode on turning regular tv episodes into TV DVDs. I have to admit I'm curious to see how a restoration team, goes through the process of tracking down the best prints of a show, restore them, and then convert them into DVDs.

Any of you curious as well?

Comments?

James

I'd be really interested in seeing the complete process that allowed the abomination that is The Bionic Woman: Season Two to make it to the marketplace as is.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert13

Robert13

Second Unit

• 488 posts

Posted May 19 2011 - 04:08 AM

Yes! They have that show on The Food Network, I think, called Unwrapped, where they show similar things.

I've often wondered about this process. I would love them to do a segment on how tv-dvd's get made. It would be great if they followed one such project of Shout Factory from the beginning of the process to the final product. Not sure of the legalities surrounding what they can and can't show for the early licensing stages but I'm sure they could work around that and give a general idea until the production steps come into play.

This is a great idea. Some network needs to do this!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 01:35 PM

Maybe some latecomers might have some opinions. I'm amazed that Discovery Channel or the History Channel haven't thought of this themselves. Should one of us write to them? And if so what show?

James