What's new

Integra DTR-30.3 - Hi-Rez Audio Not Up To Snuff (1 Viewer)

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I recently bought an Integra DTR-30.3 receiver to replace my Yamaha RX-V663. I had been using an Oppo DV-980H for playback of my DVD-As and SACDs, although I recently upgraded to the Oppo BDP-93. I use the HDMI connections.

Everything played fine with the Yamaha receiver. However, when using the Integra to do the decoding (DSD, etc.), I find my high-resolution audio sources sound poor -- about CD quality -- and I can't figure out why. The owners manual is poorly written (imho) and gives me a headache. I have a feeling there is a simple setting that is off, but I can't for the life of me find it.

One thing I noticed while playing with an SACD: When I have the Integra do the DSD decoding, the info display shows the input as "DSD - 44.1 kHz." When I have the Oppo do the DSD decoding and send out a PCM signal, the input info says "PCM - 88.2 kHz" (and sounds much better). The 44.1 kHz just doesn't seem right to me, but I couldn't tell you why. I'm hoping someone here might have a clue and be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any assistance that might be offered.

- Mark

Mark_TB

Second Unit
In case anyone else encounters this problem, I thought I would let them know that the latest firmware update from Integra (dated 06/02/2011) resolved my issues with the unit's DSD decoding. Sounds great now! Also, I have also learned that the "44.1 kHz" display for DSD is normal (it's a long explanation).

- Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks