Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Integra DTR-30.3 - Hi-Rez Audio Not Up To Snuff

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 339 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska

Posted May 15 2011 - 05:54 PM

I recently bought an Integra DTR-30.3 receiver to replace my Yamaha RX-V663.  I had been using an Oppo DV-980H for playback of my DVD-As and SACDs, although I recently upgraded to the Oppo BDP-93.  I use the HDMI connections.

Everything played fine with the Yamaha receiver.  However, when using the Integra to do the decoding (DSD, etc.), I find my high-resolution audio sources sound poor --  about CD quality -- and I can't figure out why.  The owners manual is poorly written (imho) and gives me a headache.  I have a feeling there is a simple setting that is off, but I can't for the life of me find it.

One thing I noticed while playing with an SACD:  When I have the Integra do the DSD decoding, the info display shows the input as "DSD - 44.1 kHz."  When I have the Oppo do the DSD decoding and send out a PCM signal, the input info says "PCM - 88.2 kHz"  (and sounds much better).  The 44.1 kHz just doesn't seem right to me, but I couldn't tell you why.  I'm hoping someone here might have a clue and be able to point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance for any assistance that might be offered.

- Mark

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 339 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska

Posted June 08 2011 - 05:26 PM

In case anyone else encounters this problem, I thought I would let them know that the latest firmware update from Integra (dated 06/02/2011) resolved my issues with the unit's DSD decoding.  Sounds great now!  Also, I have also learned that the "44.1 kHz" display for DSD is normal (it's a long explanation).

- Mark