Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Some Like it Hot Blu-ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Oates

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor

• 874 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 06:30 PM

This picture snuck out on Blu-ray in the UK a week or so ago and I've just got round to watching it. Some Like It Hot has always been a great favourite of mine, and I'm delighted to see that all the material from the 2001 CE DVD has made it on to the Blu-ray with the addition of some new material. It's sad to think that since the documentaries were made so many of the contributors have gone. One thing from watching The Making Of Some Like It Hot puzzles me, though. I know Paula Strasberg was a close personal friend of Marilyn's, but as an acting coach couldn't she see how unbelievably unprofessional she was being encouraging Marilyn to look to her for approval at the end of a scene than to Billy Wilder? Had she and her husband got some kind of agenda going? I know Marilyn was pretty fragile shooting the picture, but even so you'd think somebody would have read Paula Strasberg the riot act.
J Mark Oates
Do Not Be Afraid. That sound is simply my mind boggling.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users