What's new

3D 3d blu-ray - eye troubles (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I have a Samsung Plazma blu-ray player. I've watched several movies and enjoyed most, but I do notice that often my eyes feel all googly. It seems to be when objects are in the very very near foreground. Watching 'Tangled' tonight I also noticed that it was happening alot even on distant shots. Several times I saw double castle spires in the background. Oddly enough, when I closed one eye I could still see double!!!
I checked the reviews and everyone else is glowing about how cool 'Tangled' is in 3d - which leaves me to wonder - could it be my TV or is it just that my eyes are a freak of nature?
Does anyone else have difficulties like these?:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have read that some people do have trouble seeing 3D, so the notion that it's a personal problem is not far-fetched.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't know what kind of TV you have, but it's been reported by some that LED or LCD monitors may have more "ghosting" than other kinds of monitors.

At least 10% of the population cannot perceive 3-D movies properly; even if they have sight in both eyes. It's very possible that number is higher, and you may fall somewhere in that range. Essentially, 3-D viewing is brain trickery; you're giving your brain two different images (one left eye, one right eye) and hoping that your brain interprets them as naturally as it would looking at something in real life. Some people are able to do this without any problems, other people get mild headaches or occasionally can't see the effect properly, and other people have more pronounced problems (if they can see the effect at all). It may be an issue of calibration on your TV, or it may be something more personal.

Have you seen 3-D films in theaters, and if so, have you had similar eye troubles or not? I would say if you've not had a perfect experience in theaters in addition to your TV, it may be that you're one of the many who have difficulty viewing 3-D images; if you've had no trouble in theaters, it's possible something's off with your TV and/or 3-D glasses.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think the fact that Eric says he is seeing a double image with one eye closed, it's a pretty clear indication that there is a syncing problem with the shutter-glasses.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
It is a plazma TV> I hadn't considered trying a different pair of glasses. I will have to look at that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks