Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Spy Kids Trilogy (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,619 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 11:49 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Lionsgate is proud to announce the Blu-ray Disc releases of Spy Kids, Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams and Spy Kids 3: Game Over, all arriving on August 2nd.
Spy Kids
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
Spy Kids 3: Game Over
Just in time for the new theatrical film Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World releasing in 3-D nationwide on August 19, 2011, - Lionsgate will debut the three Miramax films that started it all on Blu-ray Disc - Spy Kids, Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams and Spy Kids 3: Game Over - in the beginning of August. These three titles are presented for the very first time in 1080P High Definition and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Directed by Robert Rodriguez (The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl, Sin City), the films feature  star-studded casts that include Antonio Banderas (Desperado), Alexa Vega (Twister) and Carla Gugino (Sucker Punch) and feature guest appearances by Teri Hatcher (TV's "Desperate Housewives"), Steve Buscemi (Big Fish), Sylvester Stallone (Rocky), Salma Hayek (Frida), Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy) and Cheech Marin (Cars).  Combined, these family films grossed more than $460 million worldwide. In addition, all three releases come packed with fun special features that kids will love including the "10-Minute Film School," deleted scenes and  multiple featurettes.  Each Blu-ray Disc premiere will include a digital copy of the film.
Spy Kids
Masters of disguise, innovators of invention, and superstars of sleuthing, Gregorio (Antonio Banderas) and Ingrid (Carla Gugino) are the best secret agents on Earth. Working for rival nations, they are sent to kill each other but instead fall in love. Now proud parents, they are called back to duty nine years later when their former colleagues start vanishing one by one thanks to evil genius Fegan Floop (Alan Cumming). But when they too disappear, there are only two people in the world who can rescue them...their kids! This high-octane adventure from director Robert Rodriguez is a must-see for everyone in the family.

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
The pint-sized spy siblings are back in action! Having joined the family spy business, Juni (Daryl Sabara) and Carmen (Alexa Vega) rise up to save the planet from a mad scientist (Steve Buscemi) living on a remote island populated by all kinds of dangerous, crazy creatures. As this bizarre environment wreaks havoc on their gadgets, the Spy Kids must rely on their smarts - and each other - to save the day!

Spy Kids 3: Game Over
The Spy Kids have entered a new dimension that will test their abilities like never before! Under-age agents Juni (Sabara) and Carmen (Vega) embark on their most mind-blowing mission yet: journeying inside a virtual-reality video game world designed to disorient them. Relying on their bravery, cool gadgets, lightning-quick reflexes - and, most importantly, their family - the Spy Kids must battle through level after level of the game as they race against the clock to save the world yet again from a new megalomaniacal villain, the Toymaker (Sylvester Stallone).

Pricing: Blu-ray Disc - $19.99 each

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,621 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 11 2011 - 01:59 PM

Too bad they're not offering Spy Kids 3-D in real 3D rather than anaglyph as the first DVD was done with.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted May 11 2011 - 02:45 PM

Ouch!  $19.99 each?  I saw the title and was hoping for a set will all three for around $35 MSRP.  Oh well, I'll just have to find some other Robert Rodriguez film to show the kids Posted Image

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted May 16 2011 - 01:51 PM

I have one question about the release of the original Spy Kids.   Will we finally get the Director's Cut this time.  I have even read that a commentary was recorded for it.   Spy Kids was rereleased in theaters August 8, 2001 (4 months after it premiered) with additional footage that has never made it to home video.   I haven't read anywhere about the extra footage being provided but I really hope it is this time.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   gomezfan69

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted May 16 2011 - 03:10 PM

Did Lion's Gate give us the Director's cut of "Scream"?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted May 17 2011 - 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

Oh well, I'll just have to find some other Robert Rodriguez film to show the kids Posted Image

I suggest From Dusk Till Dawn. Its got Danny Trejo in it. Kids love Danny Trejo! Posted Image

Originally Posted by gomezfan69 

Did Lion's Gate give us the Director's cut of "Scream"?

Nope.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 18 2011 - 05:11 AM

I was expecting a cheap set too.  Oh well.

My kid likes Shark Boy & Lava Girl; would it stand to reason that he'd like these too?

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick