Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pink Floyd Remasters (including high-res Blu-ray Audio AND WYWH on SACD) - FINALLY!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 of 79 OFFLINE   CaseyL

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted May 20 2011 - 01:22 PM

I'm interested enough in this, I'll probably pick up the remasters as well as WYWH on SACD, but I'll probably give the Immersions the skip.  Thanks for the info.

#42 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 10:08 AM

Curious to see when Acoustic Sounds starts advertising the WYWH SACD - they've been sitting on this treasure for years, one would think they'd be comping at the bit to get the news out.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#43 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 09:37 AM

Some additional info on these sets...doesn't look like we'll hear high-res audio for "The Wall" on Blu-ray :

The Wall: http://www.themorton...till-revealing/

WYWH: http://www.themorton...ered-brilliant/

DSOTM: http://www.themorton...ered-essential/
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#44 of 79 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,231 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted June 07 2011 - 10:42 AM

My interest in these have waned. I might only buy the Dark Side Of The Moon immersion set.

#45 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell G /forum/thread/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3819594 My interest in these have waned. I might only buy the Dark Side Of The Moon immersion set.
For me, "The Wall" yes (only cuz I wanted to hear it in lossless/high-res surround as it's not my favorite PF album) but defnitiely not WYWH, that will sound fantastic.  

#46 of 79 OFFLINE   keithling

keithling

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'd prefer to pay 30.00 each for the Blu-Ray Discs.  260.00 is really going to make the wife mad!
Major fan of music in 5.1, especially Prog.

#47 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted June 17 2011 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithling /forum/thread/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3820966 I'd prefer to pay 30.00 each for the Blu-Ray Discs.  260.00 is really going to make the wife mad!
Start saving now!  

#48 of 79 OFFLINE   CaseyL

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted July 07 2011 - 03:40 PM

Any News on the WYWH SACD? It's still not available for order anywhere I've looked.

#49 of 79 OFFLINE   Blair G

Blair G

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 11:44 AM

Any News on the WYWH SACD? It's still not available for order anywhere I've looked.

It is now : http://store.acousti...ltichannel_SACD

#50 of 79 OFFLINE   Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm

Second Unit

• 478 posts
  • LocationStockholm, SWEDEN

Posted August 14 2011 - 03:47 AM

A bit pricey, eh?
/Mikael

- "Do you indulge in any form of worship?"
-"Life. I love life, very much indeed."
David Bowie interviewed by Russell Harty, 1973

#51 of 79 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,846 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 15 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yeah. . .much as I'd like to get it, no way I can justify $35. Hopefully I'll find it on sale some time. Amazon sells the DSotM SACD for $13, so I guess there's hope.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#52 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted August 31 2011 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3841190 Yeah. . .much as I'd like to get it, no way I can justify $35. Hopefully I'll find it on sale some time. Amazon sells the DSotM SACD for $13, so I guess there's hope.
Agreed.  I have recently fells on some tough times and may have to wait myself.  It sucks, I've only been waiting on this release for like 5+ years now.  

#53 of 79 OFFLINE   CaseyL

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted October 24 2011 - 08:06 AM

Got these on release, and I can say they're a great improvement, however whoever is in charge of marketing these days, and keeps deciding that cardboard slip cases are the way to go for discs should be shot. I removed all the discs and put them in jewel cases so I don't scratch them every time I take a disc out. Now just waiting for WYWH sacd to ship.

#54 of 79 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,231 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 24 2011 - 12:04 PM

I picked up the box of stuff version of DSOTM. not had a chance to listen to it. I really wanted the blu ray lossless versions. The extras marble and what not don't bother me. :)

#55 of 79 OFFLINE   Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm

Second Unit

• 478 posts

Posted October 30 2011 - 12:33 PM

Caved in, although I stlll think it is expensive, but now I have WYWH SACD ordered :), I see it as my Christmas present to myself.
/Mikael

#56 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Soderholm /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3865586

Caved in, although I stlll think it is expensive, but now I have WYWH SACD ordered , I see it as my Christmas present to myself.

I might just have to do this myself.

Here's a trailer for it:

#57 of 79 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,499 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted November 09 2011 - 10:26 AM

I just ordered this.. expensive but what are you going to do?  I was told only 10000 are being pressed with over 6000 orders already done.  Looking forward to this.  Apparently exclusive to Acoustic Sounds.

#58 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 12:02 PM

Oh wow!  I guess I need to get on this ASAFP!

#59 of 79 OFFLINE   Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm

Second Unit

• 478 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 10:50 PM

Got my shipping notification from Elusive disc just now, yay!:cool:
/Mikael

#60 of 79 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 08:11 AM

OK, I said screw it and just ordered my copy.  There is indeed only 10K copies being pressed and they are indeed up to 6K right now.  I ended up speaking to an employee there for a few minutes and they are so stoked about this title.  Apparently, it's cased in a book-like edition, so it's really nice.  She also mentioned that she had been receiving TONS of e-mails from people requesting Acoustic Sounds to work on "The Wall" in surround next.  She said she told Chad Kassem this and he raised his eyebrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users