What's new

Beverly Hills Cop Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The first test for Beverly Hills Cop’s English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio comes during the opening chase sequence as an entire precincts squad car fleet vigorously pursues a truck carrying stolen cigarettes while the most famous of song of the film provides cover for the carnage – Glenn Frey’s The Heat Is On, and the results of this test are representative of the level of success for the entire audio.

Minor correction: "Neutron Dance" plays over the truck chase. "Heat Is On" runs over the opening credits...

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
This is one of those movies I bought and practically memorized in high school on CED disc to watch on my primitive stereo surround (L-R with delay) set up (with a 13" TV LOL)
And I am frustrated how many of these movies that I know well just don't sound as agrresive and punchy as they did from the CED disc. Sounds I remember emphasized are burried, the surround is blah and stuff I remember on the left and right come out in the center.
The worst offender is Ghostbusters and this is a big one too. Things I remember so well like the "thunk!" Axel makes when he falls when him and Mikey are attacked and how the crunching of the cars by the runaway truck were firmly on side where they occured are just not happening in the same way on blu ray.
And to make it doubly frustrating, the HD version I once recorded from HBO was much more faithful to what I remember from the 80's (shown before it was put out on blu ray).
Thankfully, some movies I get on blu ray that I had on CED are much mire faithful to what I remember. Creepshow, Alien, Altered States, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, The Thing, Rocky 3, etc but this overremixed stuff from Paramount and Sony in the audio department makes me groan (don't get me started on the early Star Trek movies soundtracks on both DVD and blu ray)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks