Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fast and Furious Blu-ray Editions Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 MarkA

MarkA

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted May 10 2011 - 12:10 PM

I've noticed on Amazon and on Walmart.com that there are 2 disc versions of all 4 Fast and Furious movies and some 1 disc versions also.  I ordered from Walmart and from what I can see I got two 2-disc sets and two 1-disc sets.  Are the 2-disc versions the same as the 1-disc set but with the added digital copy or are there more extras on the 2-disc sets?  I am totally confused.

Thanks.

#2 of 7 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,859 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 10 2011 - 04:29 PM

The 2nd disc in all Fast & Furious series BDs is the digital copy. A bit of a cheat if you ask me, but there you have it.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 7 MarkA

MarkA

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted May 10 2011 - 05:33 PM

So there's no difference in the extras?

#4 of 7 MarkA

MarkA

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 11:47 AM

So is the Blu-ray in both the 1-disc set and the 2-disc set exactly the same?

#5 of 7 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,045 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted May 11 2011 - 01:41 PM

I don't know about this particular film, but overall, such "2-disc" and "3-disc" (etc.) designations have become totally MEANINGLESS.

It originally meant that there were 2 discs (or however many discs) worth of content.  Now it's just the marketing term for however many worthless sub-par duplications of part of that content are included in the package.  Awkward sentence, sorry.

That's not to say that that package and those duplications aren't important to some of us sometimes.  But the distinction between the two intents of the term has been lost.  And I'm just venting.

#6 of 7 Porfirio

Porfirio

Second Unit

• 256 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MarkA 

So is the Blu-ray in both the 1-disc set and the 2-disc set exactly the same?

That is correct.

#7 of 7 MarkA

MarkA

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted May 12 2011 - 01:52 AM

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users