What's new

Fast and Furious Blu-ray Editions Questions (1 Viewer)

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I've noticed on Amazon and on Walmart.com that there are 2 disc versions of all 4 Fast and Furious movies and some 1 disc versions also. I ordered from Walmart and from what I can see I got two 2-disc sets and two 1-disc sets. Are the 2-disc versions the same as the 1-disc set but with the added digital copy or are there more extras on the 2-disc sets? I am totally confused.

Thanks.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The 2nd disc in all Fast & Furious series BDs is the digital copy. A bit of a cheat if you ask me, but there you have it.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
So is the Blu-ray in both the 1-disc set and the 2-disc set exactly the same?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I don't know about this particular film, but overall, such "2-disc" and "3-disc" (etc.) designations have become totally MEANINGLESS.

It originally meant that there were 2 discs (or however many discs) worth of content. Now it's just the marketing term for however many worthless sub-par duplications of part of that content are included in the package. Awkward sentence, sorry.

That's not to say that that package and those duplications aren't important to some of us sometimes. But the distinction between the two intents of the term has been lost. And I'm just venting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks