What's new

Regionfree bluray players (1 Viewer)

bnordiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Börje Nord
Are there any good source for Region-Free bluray player within EU?? I like to have a brand player (Sony, LG etc).

Region Free (Dvds) and Area Free (Blurays) are two separate issues. Most such players are only available from Asia and they're not brand names, though some are very good from what I've read. To be Area-Free I simply bought a second Bluray player when I was in the US on vacation and I use that to completely legitimately play back Criterion Blurays, which never get released in Europe and are Area locked. Most major Bluray releases though are not Area-locked. To region-free your Bluray player for DVDs is a far simpler affair, just do some research on Google.

bnordiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Börje Nord
Thanx Paul.

I'm aware about that the issue is far more complicated that just "region free". Besides separate issues regarding DVD/Bluray coding, we have the PAL/NTSC issue, fortunately most TV-sets accepts both formats (The players usually plays any format after the disc have been validated).

After receiving your basic input I googled different phrases and most hits and/or recommendations landed with a company that is called Bluraymods.com in Sweden.

I checked in on bluraymods.com website and found that their players is both 1-6 DVD region free (automatic) as well as A, B and C Bluray region free.

I ordered the LG BD660 from their website and will be back with a short evaluation when I got my order.

bnordiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Börje Nord
Hi,

I'm sorry for not prompt posting my shopping experience with bluraymods.com

I bought a LG-660.

Basically I was first considering to buy their regionfree SONY-480, but while comparing the SONY 480 and the LG 660 I found that the LG-660 was more player for the money. I was not ready to pay extra just for the SONY brand.

I ordered over their website. They have system where they actually validate the order manually. And only when they are ready to ship they send our something they call a ”pay now” email. I clicked on the link and Paid with my credit card (I didn't have any PayPal account, just my credit card).

Later they sent me update email with tracking information. I could follow every step by going to FedEx website and provide tracking + my email address.

I got the player after 5 days with FEDEX.

The LG-660 works great and comes with a regionfree manual.

I do not know if I was just lucky but it worked out great

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks