Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

THE EGYPTIAN Blu Ray on DVD July 12 from Twilight!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#1 of 94 OFFLINE   kagemusha98

kagemusha98

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 07:01 PM

Wow....woke up this morning in Rome and just saw the fantastic news on Blu-ray.com  Can't wait!

#2 of 94 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,903 posts

Posted May 07 2011 - 02:24 AM

For people like me who love widescreen movies from the 1950s, this is very good news. I have the Spanish DVD of The Egyptian which is excellent but if this Blu-ray disc is done properly, I will happily upgrade.

Does this announcement mean that other 20th Century Fox Cinemascope movies will be issued on Blu-ray? I hope so.

#3 of 94 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted May 07 2011 - 03:45 AM

Count me in as one of the many who will buy this classic.  I hope this will be a trend on all those great Fox Films yet to be released.

#4 of 94 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted May 07 2011 - 10:00 AM

I went to site for ordering and they still do not have it up yet

#5 of 94 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted May 09 2011 - 10:39 AM

I just got an email from screenarchives that they will email as soon as they have it ready to order.

#6 of 94 OFFLINE   john a hunter

john a hunter

Supporting Actor

• 645 posts

Posted May 09 2011 - 10:43 AM

The only off putting sign is the dreadful cover art at High Def Digest. Makes the recent "biblical" covers look magnificent. Of course, you can change it as I and I suspect many others will do, so this is great news.

The Spanish dvd was the way to go until now but with BD PQ,sound without the PAL speedup and lossless multi channel,I can't wait till July. Hopefully, if it sells well it will encourage other Scope releases. The other releases in this series were limited to 3000.Let's hope if this is the case here, they sell out pretty quickly.

#7 of 94 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,867 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted May 09 2011 - 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by john a hunter 

The only off putting sign is the dreadful cover art at High Def Digest. Makes the recent "biblical" covers look magnificent. Of course, you can change it as I and I suspect many others will do, so this is great news.

That's NOT the Twilight Time cover art. It looks like the old VHS cover.

#8 of 94 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted May 10 2011 - 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Collins 

I went to site for ordering and they still do not have it up yet

They usually put the next upcoming title for pre-order when they ship the title previously preordered.  So don't expect a preorder until the Fate is the Hunter DVD is released later this month (around the 15th).  However, there might be another title being slated for June, so that title might be  put on preorder instead.

EDIT:  I was right--Woman Obsessed will be released in June, so don't expect Egyptian preordering to begin until mid-June

#9 of 94 OFFLINE   ShowsOn

ShowsOn

Second Unit

• 253 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 02:08 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#10 of 94 OFFLINE   ShowsOn

ShowsOn

Second Unit

• 253 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 02:09 PM

The Egyptian should be available to pre-ordered on DVD and Blu-ray in a few days.

#11 of 94 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,024 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 11 2011 - 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by ShowsOn 

The Egyptian should be available to pre-ordered on DVD and Blu-ray in a few days.

Amazon still doesn't have it listed as available for preorder.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#12 of 94 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted June 14 2011 - 08:59 AM

The BluRay version will be sold by screen archives and they will only have 3000 copies.  You will need to order as soon as the title is posted.  I purchased the region 4 version in anamorphic widescreen, 16 x 9, from a DVD distributor in Australia and the video quality is very good.  The audio is monaural.

#13 of 94 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,839 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted June 15 2011 - 01:23 PM

Screen Archives Entertainment has it up for pre-order today and boy are they proud of it.  The price is $39.99.  I really want this title and went ahead and pre-ordered the Blu-ray, for this is, so far, the most want title and I am afraid it will sell out soon with a limited number produced.  I really wish I could have waited for reviews and thoughts, but oh well.   By the way the DVD is listed for $19.99.

Screen Archives Entertainment is the only place to get this title.  They have the exclusive on Twilight Time titles since they own it.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#14 of 94 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted June 15 2011 - 03:20 PM

Pre-Ordered I buy Film Scores from Screen Archives all the time so I would imagine the release will be as good as they can get it for the release. I am hoping we can get a confirmation on the Blu-Ray Audio for the release. I would guess they meant to list it as HD Audio.. but just didn't mention it.

BLU

http://www.screenarc...-RAY-PRE-ORDER/

DVD

http://www.screenarc...-DVD-PRE-ORDER/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahollis 

Screen Archives Entertainment has it up for pre-order today and boy are they proud of it.  The price is $39.99.  I really want this title and went ahead and pre-ordered the Blu-ray, for this is, so far, the most want title and I am afraid it will sell out soon with a limited number produced.  I really wish I could have waited for reviews and thoughts, but oh well.   By the way the DVD is listed for $19.99.

Screen Archives Entertainment is the only place to get this title.  They have the exclusive on Twilight Time titles since they own it.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#15 of 94 OFFLINE   alistairKerr

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 15 2011 - 09:47 PM

And good news for overseas (ie UK and Europe etc) buyers. The Blu-ray is region-free. (I checked with Twilight Time via their Facebook page). Ordered!

Alistair

#16 of 94 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted June 16 2011 - 05:39 AM

I rec'd an e-mail response back from Screen Archives regarding the blu-ray Audio...

On the Blu-Ray, the feature audio is 5.1 DTS Master Audio, the score is 2.0 DTS Master Audio, and the commentary is 2.0 DTS @ 255kbps

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#17 of 94 OFFLINE   Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 06:22 AM

Put in my order last night. Hopefully enough people order the bluray that Twilight Time is able to continue releasing blurays. A staggered release schedule of 5-6 discs per year would be fine by me and the high purchase prices would be easier to absorb.

#18 of 94 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted June 16 2011 - 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Calvert 

Put in my order last night. Hopefully enough people order the bluray that Twilight Time is able to continue releasing blurays. A staggered release schedule of 5-6 discs per year would be fine by me and the high purchase prices would be easier to absorb.

I could be wrong but I would guess that the blu-ray could sell out before the DVD version. The blu-ray will be highly collectable since it will be the best image and sound quality for the film. Very curious to see the outcome.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#19 of 94 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,839 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted June 16 2011 - 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger 

I could be wrong but I would guess that the blu-ray could sell out before the DVD version. The blu-ray will be highly collectable since it will be the best image and sound quality for the film. Very curious to see the outcome.

My thoughts exactly.  That is why I pre-orderd yesterday, so I would not be left out.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#20 of 94 ONLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted June 16 2011 - 10:36 AM

If they sell out in a few days/weeks, I imagine it would be in their interest to make another run of discs, say 1000-1500. Why lose out on other potential sales? I understand the reasoning in making it a small run in order to test the waters, but if it's a smash hit, no reason to not take advantage of that.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932