What's new

Goodbye, Bin Laden! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

So, uh, who got fired on Celebrity Apprentice tonight?

The internet tells me it was:

Hope.

Let the conspiracy theorists have a field day with the Obama/Trump situation (with a friendly reminder to all HTF members that all political discussions are verboten).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Great news. And kudos to the military for a job well-done!

"Ding Dong! Bin Laden is dead!

Which bin Laden. Osama bin Laden!"

Celebrity Apprentice got interrupted? Donny boy can't be too happy about that!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Heard about it while I was working at the office last night. Had a smile on my face ever since. I'm glad they actually gunned his ass down, instead of a missile strike from a drone -- fucker actually had time to be afraid.

What's this weird, swelling, pride-y feeling I'm experiencing? It really cannot be stressed enough how brave and badass the military is. The description of what happened sounds scary as hell, but damn, did they get the job done. So damn proud.

(Also, when they release the mission-details, I hope they cc: Paul Greengrass.)

======================

Post edited by moderator. Please refrain from any further political references. Thanks. (MF)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
My first response to the news that he got shot in the head by our boys (you gotta click):

To keep it fair, both sides of the isle right now are pissing me off. Leave it to the Super Left to criticize the military and President for not taking him alive. Because, y'know, I'm sure Bin Laden would've gone peacefully, and accepted his Miranda rights at the first sign of U.S. troops.

As for Bush himself, credit where credit is due. At least he wholeheartedly congratulated the President on a job well done.

Moving forward to the 2012 election, has Obama essentially taken away 9/11 from the GOP? Can the GOP ever use 9/11 to get votes? After all, at this point, the narrative is that it happened on Bush's watch, and Obama cleaned up the mess.

What to do with OBL's body? I had an idea, before they announced the burial-at-sea: Do it like Rome. Strap the body to a pole standing up on the back of a flatbed truck, and roll that bad boy down New York City's Canyon of Heroes and then D.C.'s Constitution Avenue. Not my cup of tea, but I can see A LOT of people being cool with it.

Just really proud of our armed forces for kicking ass, and Obama for his laser-like focus in getting this done. Someone give Barack a gold watch and a set of steak knives.

ABC. "Always Be Closing."

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Dear Christopher G,

Well, the "NO POLITICAL REFERENCES" last another three posts. Why wasn't this deleted? Just sayin ...

Poder

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Let's be clear. There are a lot of things which can be said about the death of Osama Bin Laden.

The political angles--at least here on the HTF--are not among them. Neither are the religious angles.

From the HTF Rulebook:

No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF.

Long time members already know this. New members should be clear that there is no grey area on this issue.

Please do not try to push political issues any further in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks