What's new

International Arrow Films/Arrow Video - DVD distributors of classic, world, horror and cult films, and TV series (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thought I'd start a thread for Arrow Films and Arrow Video, DVD distributors of classic, world, horror and cult films, and TV series. The link to their website is below:

Arrow Films/Arrow Video website

Some of the DVD and Blu-ray releases coming soon:
The Bird with the Crystal Plummage (1970) - Monday 23rd May (Blu-ray only) - Arrow Video release
The Funhouse (1981) - Monday 18th July (Blu-ray only) - Arrow Video release
Kentucky Fried Movie (1977) - Monday 4th July (DVD only) - Arrow Video release
Obsession (1976) - Monday 27th June (Blu-ray only) - Arrow Video release
Slaughter High (1984) - 10th July, 2011 (release date given on Arrow Video's website, but this isn't on a Monday) (DVD only) - Arrow Video release
Savage Streets (1984) - Monday 20th June (DVD only) - Arrow Video release
Tenebrae (1982) - Monday 13th June (DVD & Blu-ray) - Arrow Video release.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
I would think it should go to PAL and Other-Region DVD Announcements and Reviews forum

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by GregoryMesh
I would think it should go to PAL and Other-Region DVD Announcements and Reviews forum
If there is a problem with this thread being in this folder, why didn''t you or anyone else say anything when threads were started for other UK DVD distributors in this folder recently? You could say that threads started about films released by any DVD distributor shouldn't be in this folder, when this thread was started to generate film discussion. I'm sharing news and release dates about Arrow Film/Arrow Video film titles, which goes in this folder.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Was hoping Arrow Video's release of Obsession (1976) would be a DVD/Blu-ray Dual Edition title.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Arrow announced MANIAC COP for DVD & blu-ray release this summer:
Maniac-Cop-3D-BR-72dpi.jpg

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I love Synapse and all the independent U.S. labels, they're all doing great work but would it hurt these guys to come up with a little creativity when choosing artwork and packaging? Do a steelbook or a theme box, anything is better than standard-issue blue plastic. If I decide to get Maniac Cop again (I got rid of the previous DVD) I'm going with the Arrow version. They go the extra mile and it makes a huge difference when it comes to picking which one to buy.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
bgart13 said:
I love Synapse and all the independent U.S. labels, they're all doing great work but would it hurt these guys to come up with a little creativity when choosing artwork and packaging? Do a steelbook or a theme box, anything is better than standard-issue blue plastic. If I decide to get Maniac Cop again (I got rid of the previous DVD) I'm going with the Arrow version. They go the extra mile and it makes a huge difference when it comes to picking which one to buy.
I like the four different artworks Arrow use for their titles. I agree that they put the effort into their titles.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Arrow's version of Savage Streets is a must-have for the artwork alone - just ordered myself a copy even though I know Code Red is coming out with their own edition. I was kicking myself for not buying more than one copy of the OOP BCI DVD but now I'm gonna have three! Arrow does amazing stuff. For those of you who disapprove of the radical cover redesigns, you can always use the original artwork that's always included. But how can anyone not like that art? I'm also glad that they're shifting their focus a bit more toward American slashers and exploitation films, some of which have been neglected or completely dismissed by U.S. studios.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm glad that Arrow are shifting the focus away from Dario Argento films (not that there was anything wrong with releasing some of or all of his films on DVD and Blu-ray). Looking forward to their release of Kentucky Fried Movie, Obsession, Slaughter High and Tenebrae. Possibly interested in The Funhouse.

My copy of Arrow's release of Savage Streets arrived in the post today. Not tested out the disc yet. It's in a white plastic DVD case like with Arrow Video's release of Silent Night, Deadly Night, and has a similar style of rear artwork. An Arrow Video titles booklet included in the DVD case includes Obsession on one page. I thought it was only being released on Blu-ray, but the DVD logo is beside the Blu-ray logo.

A DVD Beaver review of Arrow's release of Tenebrae has been added to DVD Beaver's review page for Tenebrae:

Tenebrae - DVD Beaver review

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The BBFC added a new listing to their website today for Pieces (1982) which is being released by Arrow Video:

Pieces (Arrow Video release) - BBFC listing page

Also being released by Arrow Video is Midnight (1982). This was passed by the BBFC a week ago:

Midnight (Arrow Video release) - BBFC listing page

Earlier this week the BBFC passed the film McBain (1991):

McBain (ArrowDrome release) - BBFC listing page

Pieces will be presented in it's original 1.66:1 aspect ratio, and Midnight will be presented in it's original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. McBain will be presented in widescreen (see the BBFC listing page above), but the aspect ratio info isn't up yet on Arrow Films' website.

Release dates:

Midnight - Monday 5th September, 2011
Pieces - Monday 5th September, 2011
McBain - Monday 17th October, 2011.

NOTE: Source of the original aspect ratio for Pieces and Midnight only, is Arrow Films' website. Source of the UK release dates is Amazon UK.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
So Arrow is releasing Midnight? That makes two Lionsgate-owned titles coming out from them. Makes me wonder what else might be on tap from the Gate through our friends across the pond, who obviously are bigger fans of these movies than we are. I always like Midnight and was horrified at the quality of the Lionsgate disc. I hope Arrow utilizes a fresh transfer. The fullscreen listing has got me concerned because I recall watching this in a theater. Looking forward to more news.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Luis, you should get on facebook, you can talk to all these companies easy. Even Cliff. He answers a lot quicker if you post a query on his page, than he does on a message board. I find it A LOT easier to communciate with all these companies through their facebook pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks