-

Photo
- - - - -

Lord of the Rings Extended Editions coming back to a theater near you

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 29 2011 - 05:38 PM

According to Warner:

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

The most magical epic adventure in motion picture history is coming to the big screen this June for a three night theatrical event series. NCM Fathom and Warner Home Video are bringing all three The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition films to movie theaters nationwide. The events will begin with a new and personal introduction for each film from The Lord of the Rings™ director Peter Jackson captured from the set of his current film, and The Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit, and will be immediately followed by the Extended Edition feature presentations which altogether include nearly 3 hours of additional feature footage carefully selected by Peter Jackson.

The Academy Award®-winning trilogy will be featured in an exclusive series of three in-theater events including The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring™ on June 14, 2011; The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers™ on June 21, 2011; and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King™ on June 28, 2011. Each event will begin at 7:00 p.m. local time.

Here is a list of the theaters where they will be playing:

You can prepurchase tickets here: http://www.fathomeve...oftherings.aspx

Personally I think the $36 would go a long way toward funding my purchase of the Blu-rays Posted Image

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,561 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 05:05 PM

I've been less than impressed with the technical quality of previous Fathom events I attended - it didn't seem like the digital source they used was nearly as high a quality resolution-wise as a standard digital theater presentation would be.  But it's been a couple years, so maybe it's gotten better?  Anyone have any recent experiences at a Fathom event?  If it looks on par with the digital projection theaters have been using recently, I might be in... if it looks a lot closer to 1080i being projected on a screen too large for the signal, maybe less so.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 05:55 PM

three nights? why not have a real event like the original trilogy tuesday? now that's something to brag about. :-)
Live Free or DIE!!!!!