What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-26-2011 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--Best Buy has a 2/$19.99 deal on the two volumes of the animated Marvel Comics Avengers titles (or $12.99 apiece).

--Best Buy is also advertising a FREE MOVIE TICKET TO SEE FAST FIVE when you purchase ANY of the Fast & Furious movies on Blu-ray ($14.99 apiece). In theaters April 29. Offer available in store only. Redeemable for up to a $10 value at participating theaters. Offer expires 5-29-11. Details on specially-marked packages. Selection varies by store. No rainchecks. While supplies last.

--And, BB has the following animated TV on DVD on sale:

$14.99: Family Guy: Volume 8, American Dad: V5, FRuturama: V4, The Cleveland Show: Season 1.

$19.99: The Simpsons: S13, Family Guy Trilogy ($24.99 on Blu).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: BB has their blu copies of Snbow White, Beauty & the Beast and Princess and the Frog at $19.99 apiece this week.

--No specials to report at Target this week.

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $4.75 DVDs.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks Mike. A very quiet week for me in which my wallet gets a much needed rest unless you pull out some specials that I can't pass up! Happy Easter to you and your family too.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Happy Easter! And, as always, thanks much for the RoundUp, Mike!

I'm interested in both Blow Out and El Topo, but not at 30 bucks a pop. Yikes! I must be getting old or something because that seems like a shockingly high price for vintage catalog titles. I'll sit these out and wait for a much lower price...

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
I have Blow Out as a pre-order from Borders (used a coupon to get it for $21), so I'll probably have to wait a week or two from Tuesday before I actually get it.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Blow Out is tempting...it's been years since I've seen it. I am surprised that Target has an ad...in the 18 years I worked for them they never had an ad on Easter Sunday.

Have a great Easter everyone...spending mine with family this afternoon!

timmytimmy

Grip
Real Name
Tim
That screen cap from Mongolian Death Worm made my Easter. Thanks for the prices, nothing for me this week. I'll be renting Blow Up eventually, I have heard enough great things about it that it seems to deserve my attention.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
and maybe South Park: Season Fourteen on DVD
Word of caution on South Park, apparently the Mohammed episode is still "censored". It's not been changed from how it aired, but you're not going to hear the bleeped dialogue. Apparently, the mini commentary is heavilly bleeped, although this potentially could have been a joke by Matt and Trey (they know they can't talk about the stuff that happened). Personally, I never had any illusions that the uncensored version would ever be released (actually, we're probably lucky the episodes weren't left out entrely).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Just Lucy For me. I've been using this quiet time to pick up some back releases, got the megaset of Danger/man Secret Agent from Amazon for about $35 shipped not bad for 18 disks and I've never seen most of this series but I remember liking what I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks