Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

OFFICIAL IST (Mach Audio) 21" push

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 01:02 PM

$300 commitment per driver and need to have 8 sold before he buys all the parts needed.

"The finished units should have 34mm one way Xmax with an Fs at around
16-18Hz. Qts should be around 0.5 using the same motor for the new 18"
coming out"

email Mark at sales@istonline.ca

Mods, I don't know how these things work.. permission and so on. If it's an issue please PM me!

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 21 2011 - 02:24 PM

It takes a lot for someone here to commit to a cheap sub build with a 12" driver.  I'd do it if I wasn't in the process of building four 15's based on TC Sound 3HP neo motors and four 12" LMS subs based on TC9 motors.  And not that I have anything against Mach Audio, but the guys at Incriminator are just over the state line if I want a 21".  I'd probably go to PSI and just get him to custom build me one.  I can even go to his shop and watch it being built.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 02:40 PM

Nick over at Incriminator is awesome, I didnt get his reply to purchasing 2 of his modded DP 21's until 2 weeks after I ended up purchasing 4 more IB3 18's instead. I about died when i got the price quote, I'd have 2 21's in the towers right now if I heard back before I went with the 18's.

Nice sub motors BTW. Id be a TC guy if I could afford to.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 22 2011 - 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite 
Nice sub motors BTW. Id be a TC guy if I could afford to.

I've been collecting for years.  I have 3 Stryke AV series 12's that are really TC2+.  I have an Elemental Designs E10k.44 (TC2+ with the flat cone).  To round out the TC2+ drivers, I have a motor that I picked up in a trade, 12" basket from PSI, aluminum cone from someone else, voice coil from a guy that works at AE Speakers (formerly Stryke Audio) and spiders from someone else.

I picked up a pair of TC OEM 12's (TC9 variant motor) when they were at blow out prices.  Then I picked up 8 TC9 motors from the factory right before bankruptcy.  7 were from eD 12A.22's and an odd one.  Four became IB 18's with recones from Scott at Fi.  One became a 12 on a Ti basket with parts from Robot Underground.  The remaining 2 are going to be part of the LMS subs mentioned above.  While we are on LMS, the other 2 will be using ssacket OEM motors since they are like a 3 slug TC9.  I traded the odd TC9 motor for an eD 13Av.2 basket and bought 3 more.

A few years ago, I picked up 4 3HP neos and 2 3HP regular motors from Ebay when Lightning Audio was liquidating them.  I added a pair of 15" TC-3000 top assemblies to the regular motors.  I've picked up blown 15" top assemblies over the years and finally have the 4 I need for the neo motors.  Cones for these and the LMS come from Sundown.  Coils from a guy in San Diego.  Spiders from someone else.

I recently traded some sonosubs based on TC db-500 drivers to a guy for a dual 2 TC-3000.

Finally, I used a TC7 motor that was attached to the Ti basket used in the RU build above along with a TC-2000 coil/spider assembly, an odd basket and a Sundown 12 cone to build the sub in the video below.  That's my TC Sounds history.

That isn't me in the video.  I traded that guy for a classic Rockford Fosgate car amp.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 03:56 AM

I think that video was posted under ROE and I commented on it a few times :)

I envy your collection, wonderful stuff you have. Wouldnt mind some LMS ULTRA 5400s myself.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 22 2011 - 07:40 AM

The online sub crowd is relatively small.  You can see the same names at different forums.  I follow you at AVS more than here.

It has taken years to collect those subs.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 09:25 AM

Do you have build logs, pics, and vids? Lot easier to put a system to a name :)

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 22 2011 - 12:24 PM

Build logs?  Systems?  Not in my car.  My wife's car is bone stock.  My 16 year old Maxima has a head unit and coaxials from Pioneer.  I've been meaning to add a sub for the last 5 or so years but home theater kept getting in the way.