Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Expecting a Mac Mini Refresh?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted April 13 2011 - 03:14 AM

I've been playing with Plex on my 2009 mac mini and its proving to be quite nice, I ordered a Minidisplay port to HDMI adapter , but I'm thinking of picking up a newer mini with the native HDMI, so i'm wondering since its been almost a year if we will get a refresh with newer processors etc. anyone hear any scuttle butt

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted April 13 2011 - 04:11 AM

Given that they've discontinued the XServe and are marketing the Mini as a server, I'm pretty sure there will be a refresh in the coming months.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,051 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted April 13 2011 - 10:06 AM

My guess is that we won't see anymore computer hardware updates until those systems can be shipped with OS X Lion on them. Could be wrong of course. Posted Image

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 07:29 AM

It seems about time for something of a "refresh" with the upgrade processor and maybe more memory.  Not a significantly upgraded model.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   davesmith

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 03:44 AM

Id be tempted to agree with Keith. I think there will be plenty of Apple updates, all coming towards the end of the year