Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Expecting a Mac Mini Refresh?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,271 posts

Posted April 13 2011 - 03:14 AM

I've been playing with Plex on my 2009 mac mini and its proving to be quite nice, I ordered a Minidisplay port to HDMI adapter , but I'm thinking of picking up a newer mini with the native HDMI, so i'm wondering since its been almost a year if we will get a refresh with newer processors etc. anyone hear any scuttle butt

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#2 of 5 Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,336 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted April 13 2011 - 04:11 AM

Given that they've discontinued the XServe and are marketing the Mini as a server, I'm pretty sure there will be a refresh in the coming months.

#3 of 5 Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,006 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted April 13 2011 - 10:06 AM

My guess is that we won't see anymore computer hardware updates until those systems can be shipped with OS X Lion on them. Could be wrong of course. Posted Image

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#4 of 5 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,452 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 07:29 AM

It seems about time for something of a "refresh" with the upgrade processor and maybe more memory.  Not a significantly upgraded model.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#5 of 5 davesmith

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 03:44 AM

Id be tempted to agree with Keith. I think there will be plenty of Apple updates, all coming towards the end of the year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users