Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cemetery Junction

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 veggiop

veggiop

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted April 12 2011 - 09:42 PM

I'll admit I hadn't actually watched any Ricky Gervais stuff before this (except for his pretty poor Simpsons episode) but I always figured he was meant to be a pretty funny guy. So, I figured this film would give a few laughs. Well, it gave a few. One or two, at best. After about 20 minutes, I abandoned the idea of the film being a comedy and stopped being disappointed with the lack of laughs, and just went back to judging it as a normal film, where the disappointment only grew.

The film has a typical, conventional storyline, with no complex plot developments. The attempts at humour are poor and few and far between. The 3 friends the film is based around are boring and clichéd, the hard-working go-getter, the rebel and the lovable, pathetic, fat one. Their back-stories, where they are developed, are as predictable and boring as the characters themselves. The climax of the film (this really shouldn't give it away, but don't read on if you think it might) is a mother pouring tea, which really speaks of the excitement levels in the film.

If you haven't seen this, I strongly advise you don't waste your money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users