What's new

Amazon App Store and daily free apps (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If you want in on the biggest bargain to hit Android, go to Amazon and get their app store app. As a promotion, Amazon is offering a featured free app of the day. This is no strings attached free, and full paid for free and not free trial versions. Aside from Angry Birds Rio, I've gotten a ton of other free games. Definitely worth checking on a daily basis. Yesterday's game was Zenonia 2.

ETA: I've been checking the Amazon App Store daily for their free deals, but as an appstore itself, the ability to filter by ratings, category, and price makes it much easier to find the app you need than Google Market.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Just a heads up for Captivate owners (or anyone with an AT&T Android phone) -- due to the lockdown of app installation from non-Market sources (aka sideloading), AT&T owners cannot load apps from the Amazon Market directly. Google "sideload wonder machine" if you want a workaround, but unfortunately, without some sort of update, AT&T users are by and large locked out of the Amazon Market.

The good news is that owners of Android tablets that aren't Google approved can get apps from Amazon now. But Google developed apps like Maps and Nav are still not available on the Amazon Market.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Since they change daily, can the free apps be downloaded and stored somewhere on a PC to be installed later? I don't actually own an Android device just yet.

Thanks for the heads up...

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

_Man_

I'm in the same boat, I intend to get an android tablet at some point to play around with, but so far nothing meets my cost requirements. Would like to 'bank' the free games for when I do, but so far the answer turns out to be 'no', as far as I can tell.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

It's more than an inconvenience, it is robbing them of Freedoms (tho obviously Android does not follow the Gnu philosophy, it applies in principle.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

_Man_

Unfortunately, no. However...

Whenever you buy Android software, free or not, it is linked to your gmail account, not your physical phone. Which means you can purchase a single license and then install it on as many devices as you wish. So everything I purchase for the Evo can be downloaded and installed in the Galaxy Tab and vice versa. If I upgrade to another phone, all of my apps will be there for download again. And since it's all in the cloud, I don't have to physically back them up.

So if you could get your hands on some sort of Android device, like an old Hero nobody is using, you should be able to download them without even installing and then re-download and install on a new device.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks