What I have now:
- Samsung 58" plasma PN58C550 with wifi adapter (I bought the adapter thinking I could add Netflix, but the television doesn't have that native capability).
- Comcast HD cable and internet
- old DVD-R my wife uses to record Turner Classic Movies
- Bose Lifestyle 25, partially disassembled. I'm just using the front 3 speakers now since I left the rear speaker wires behind at the old house.
- Surround sound. Unless the rear speakers are wireless, I think they'll be tripping hazards. I can mount small wireless rear speakers fron the ceiling. Is there a decent, low end wireless surround sound that does this? Otherwise, we might be ok with some sort of sound bar. I know that's not surround sound, but unobtrusive requirement trump anything more complex. We watch television in our living room, so any cables must be hidden in a cabinet, not visibly strung across the floor.
- Netflix. I added the USB wireless to the plasma tv, but the PN58C550 I bought a year ago doesn't use it effectively. So I'd like to purchase some sort of box so we can rent movies (The Comcast On Demand is pricey if you're watching 8-10 movies a month.) I have a Logitech programmable controller; I'd like to be able to program a "Watch Netflix" to make the movie rental easy for my wife.
- Wireless headphones for those nights when one of us can't sleep and want to watch the television in the living room without waking the other up.
What sort of sound system and what sort of box would you recommend for Netflix?