What's new

WHV Announcement: Justice League Season 2 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
4227a380_justices2.jpg

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Good!
But i am a little worried about 13 episodes per disc!

I know an episode is only 20 minutes long, but it seems like a lot for each disc. Season 1 spread it out over 3 discs, and it wasnt even widescreen.

The only other "animated" series i have on Blu, is Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and once again, they were on 3 discs.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Rick, I'm there with you. Using 20 minutes an episode and 13 episodes per disc, that's 260 minutes of content. Lost generally has four episodes per disc (4 * 60 = 240 minutes). Smallville has five episodes (42 minutes * 5 = 210). I know it's not strictly a "minutes" game here, but let's see how this pans out before calling out the dogs.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think this may be close to correct though. I'd have to check the bitrate calculator for reproduction, but animated content will generally require a much lower ABR in order to achieve transparency because you avoid many of the issues in live content. Having seen Justice League, it's large fields of single adaptive color make for an ideal target.. this allows you to get incredible image quality without a huge bitrate. I would have to see this to judge, but 260 Minutes per disc is not unreasonable considering the content.

Also, while no one has done this yet, eventually someone will figure out that the Bluray2 spec specifically allows for multi-point branching; which would make this even less then that. Using MPB, you could have the entire title sequence compressed only once and referenced from each title, effectively turning about 14 minutes of storage into 2, with no difference at all to the user.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by mattCR
Also, while no one has done this yet, eventually someone will figure out that the Bluray2 spec specifically allows for multi-point branching; which would make this even less then that. Using MPB, you could have the entire title sequence compressed only once and referenced from each title, effectively turning about 14 minutes of storage into 2, with no difference at all to the user.
Intresting, well i could see that working for a lot of Series TV where the opening titles dont change week to week, nice to see WB blow the dust off and start to release the DC universe that i want, this series Batman Beyond and Batman TAS all would be outstanding choices, and highly wanted.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Everyone can now exhale very slowly...16 x 9 is confirmed per World's Finest via TV Shows on DVD. Now I guess we can all wring our hands over the quality of the video now...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but can anyone who has this confirm that season 2 is 16x9? The original DVD was letterboxed, and the episodes look terrible in comparison to the other seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks