Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: Justice League Season 2 (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,607 posts

Posted April 08 2011 - 08:36 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted April 08 2011 - 01:32 PM

Good!

But i am a little worried about 13 episodes per disc!

I know an episode is only 20 minutes long, but it seems like a lot for each disc. Season 1 spread it out over 3 discs, and it wasnt even widescreen.

The only other "animated" series i have on Blu, is Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and once again, they were on 3 discs.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 08 2011 - 03:47 PM

Rick, I'm there with you.  Using 20 minutes an episode and 13 episodes per disc, that's 260 minutes of content.  Lost generally has four episodes per disc (4 * 60 = 240 minutes).  Smallville has five episodes (42 minutes * 5 = 210).  I know it's not strictly a "minutes" game here, but let's see how this pans out before calling out the dogs.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,063 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 08 2011 - 04:36 PM

I think this may be close to correct though.   I'd have to check the bitrate calculator for reproduction, but animated content will generally require a much lower ABR in order to achieve transparency because you avoid many of the issues in live content.   Having seen Justice League, it's large fields of single adaptive color make for an ideal target.. this allows you to get incredible image quality without a huge bitrate.    I would have to see this to judge, but 260 Minutes per disc is not unreasonable considering the content.

Also, while no one has done this yet, eventually someone will figure out that the Bluray2 spec specifically allows for multi-point branching; which would make this even less then that.  Using MPB, you could have the entire title sequence compressed only once and referenced from each title, effectively turning about 14 minutes of storage into 2, with no difference at all to the user.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 09 2011 - 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by mattCR 

Also, while no one has done this yet, eventually someone will figure out that the Bluray2 spec specifically allows for multi-point branching; which would make this even less then that.  Using MPB, you could have the entire title sequence compressed only once and referenced from each title, effectively turning about 14 minutes of storage into 2, with no difference at all to the user.

Intresting, well i could see that working for a lot of Series TV where the opening titles dont change week to week, nice to see WB blow the dust off and start to release the DC universe that i want,  this series Batman Beyond and Batman TAS all would be outstanding choices, and highly wanted.

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 11 2011 - 04:36 PM

Everyone can now exhale very slowly...16 x 9 is confirmed per World's Finest via TV Shows on DVD.  Now I guess we can all wring our hands over the quality of the video now...

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,947 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 11:57 AM

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but can anyone who has this confirm that season 2 is 16x9? The original DVD was letterboxed, and the episodes look terrible in comparison to the other seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users