-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Actor in CHINA BEACH

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted April 08 2011 - 08:34 AM

With the recent thread bumping about CHINA BEACH, I've decided to dub my old VHS tapes from ABC onto DVD.  I have about half of the total number of episodes on tape. I'm missing the bulk of the third season.

Anyway, as I'm dubbing these, the opening credits are playing a lot, and there's a shot in quite a few of the episodes so far that show a helicopter pilot who looks an awful lot like Michael Richards of SEINFELD fame.  It might be an uncredited role - I can't find any references to him being in the show.  See what you think:

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#2 of 8 whisperintherain

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted April 08 2011 - 10:09 AM

No, that's not Michael Richards. This actor is named Joseph d'Angerio. It's a scene from the pilot episode that appears in the opening credits.

Bring these sets on!

Knots Landing: Seasons 3-14 - The Nanny: Seasons 4-6 - Peyton Place : Episodes 65-514 - Picket Fences : Seasons 2-4

#3 of 8 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted April 08 2011 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.  It sure looks like "Kramer"!

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#4 of 8 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 08 2011 - 02:38 PM

A few years ago the History Channel aired every episode of China Beach.

Being the crazy packrat I am, and the goofball techy that I am, I still have every episode on DVD from the settop DVD Recorder I had at the time.. I -used- to record and store TONS of shows, and then go back through and store them.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#5 of 8 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted April 09 2011 - 11:07 AM

I sat down and actually watched the pilot today and can clearly see that the Michael Richards lookalike is not him.

Harry

My DVD Collection

#6 of 8 HanSingle

HanSingle

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hi all, This would have to be one of my all-time favourite shows. And I've been a bit of a "square eyes" since 1956 in Australia. Like many others, I am wondering if China Beach IS actually available, or are there some scam sites just trying one on? I just saw one, called "chinabeachdvd" reduced from $129.99 to $44.99. Liquidation clearance. Didn't look like a very secure site. And when you go onto Amazon, it says "Sign up to be notified when it's released." WHO DO YOU BELIEVE??? Cheers!

#7 of 8 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,641 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 10 2012 - 04:20 AM

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE???

Unfortunately, China Beach is not available on a legitimate DVD. Anyone selling them is definitely selling bootlegs (and however you feel about bootlegs, I wouldn't trust a company dealing in them with my credit card number).

#8 of 8 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 10 2012 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, I know it hasn't been released.  My saved DVDRs still have moments of commercials on episodes I time recorded, and a few where I forgot to "pause" during commercials... my goodness that brings back memory.. I remember recording shows with my parents in the 80s on VCR, and the kids were excited to control the remote so we could press "pause" when the commercials came on so the stored copies wouldn't have commercials in them

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3