What's new

Actor in CHINA BEACH (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
With the recent thread bumping about CHINA BEACH, I've decided to dub my old VHS tapes from ABC onto DVD. I have about half of the total number of episodes on tape. I'm missing the bulk of the third season.

Anyway, as I'm dubbing these, the opening credits are playing a lot, and there's a shot in quite a few of the episodes so far that show a helicopter pilot who looks an awful lot like Michael Richards of SEINFELD fame. It might be an uncredited role - I can't find any references to him being in the show. See what you think:

Harry

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
No, that's not Michael Richards. This actor is named Joseph d'Angerio. It's a scene from the pilot episode that appears in the opening credits.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A few years ago the History Channel aired every episode of China Beach.

Being the crazy packrat I am, and the goofball techy that I am, I still have every episode on DVD from the settop DVD Recorder I had at the time.. I -used- to record and store TONS of shows, and then go back through and store them.

HanSingle

Auditioning
Real Name
John Corey
Hi all, This would have to be one of my all-time favourite shows. And I've been a bit of a "square eyes" since 1956 in Australia. Like many others, I am wondering if China Beach IS actually available, or are there some scam sites just trying one on? I just saw one, called "chinabeachdvd" reduced from $129.99 to $44.99. Liquidation clearance. Didn't look like a very secure site. And when you go onto Amazon, it says "Sign up to be notified when it's released." WHO DO YOU BELIEVE??? Cheers!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
HanSingle said:
WHO DO YOU BELIEVE???
Unfortunately, China Beach is not available on a legitimate DVD. Anyone selling them is definitely selling bootlegs (and however you feel about bootlegs, I wouldn't trust a company dealing in them with my credit card number).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I know it hasn't been released. My saved DVDRs still have moments of commercials on episodes I time recorded, and a few where I forgot to "pause" during commercials... my goodness that brings back memory.. I remember recording shows with my parents in the 80s on VCR, and the kids were excited to control the remote so we could press "pause" when the commercials came on so the stored copies wouldn't have commercials in them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks