I have been a TWC cusomter for over couple of decades now. You can imagine how much I must have paid them thus far.
Increasing cost is killing me! I decided to pull the plug and go with SAT with one of their promo deals.
Though it may help in the short-run, again in a year or two I will be fighting this price war.
I know of some folks who pulled everything away and uses either Roku, Apple TV, Boxee etc.
Though I like the idea, I am not sure if I can do the same.
I am seeking some help here to decide if Internet will solve my problem
Here are some of my must haves:
- I have kids. So, PBS Kids, Sprouts, are a must. Today I DVR them and get great bang for the 7 bucks I pay for DVR.
- Sports fan, primarily NFL, College BB, College FB, GOLF!!! (I can even watch replays of Golf tournaments).
- News Channels (MSNBC, CNN)
- I think pretty much any n/w prime time shows one could get from Hulu. I am not really big on live prime time shows. even today I record and watch.
- I do watch live shows like Oscars, Grammys, Super Bowl and such.
Am I still looking for something to happen or is it already available through Roku, Apple TV, Boxee etc.
I do have Netflix subscription and wouldn't mind adding Hulu plus if that will solve some of my problems. I think Kids channels is a big must have.
thanks in advance