Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

5.1 channel system to outdoor speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Yakineko22

Yakineko22

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hello, I just bought a new 5.1 surround system, Dennon DHT591BA, and it sounds fantastic. However, I have a hopefully easy question that I haven't been able to figure out. We have two outdoor speakers that we used to have connected to our B Channel of our old 2-channel receiver. Since there are no more unused speaker inputs, what are my options available to hook up those outdoor speakers? Thank you!

#2 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,048 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:50 AM

You should have picked up a receiver that had a zone 2 output.  The other option is to use your old receiver to power the outdoor speakers.

#3 of 4 conuronton

conuronton

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:56 AM

you could use a speaker selector off of your front L/R channel and basically split the output.  This is not a great option, but still an option that would work...

#4 of 4 CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 08:01 AM

Whatever you do don't piggy back connect those outdoor speakers directly to you receiver L&R speaker connections. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users