Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

5.1 channel system to outdoor speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Yakineko22

Yakineko22

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hello, I just bought a new 5.1 surround system, Dennon DHT591BA, and it sounds fantastic. However, I have a hopefully easy question that I haven't been able to figure out. We have two outdoor speakers that we used to have connected to our B Channel of our old 2-channel receiver. Since there are no more unused speaker inputs, what are my options available to hook up those outdoor speakers? Thank you!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:50 AM

You should have picked up a receiver that had a zone 2 output.  The other option is to use your old receiver to power the outdoor speakers.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   conuronton

conuronton

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:56 AM

you could use a speaker selector off of your front L/R channel and basically split the output.  This is not a great option, but still an option that would work...

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 08:01 AM

Whatever you do don't piggy back connect those outdoor speakers directly to you receiver L&R speaker connections.