Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Body of Proof - Season 1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 of 98 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted April 03 2011 - 09:39 AM

ABC's last hope, as it looks like the rest of their new shows will be cancelled.

I caught the first episode this past Tuesday, and thought it was okay. Has that feel of Castle, and reminds me very much of Quincy ME (if anybody remembers that show). I don't know if it will be enough to ease the pain for the loss of Detroit 1-8-7, but for the time being, I'm in.

Just learned that the 2nd episode will air tonight at 10 PM EST. Normally, it's on Tuesday at 10 PM.

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - December
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#2 of 98 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted April 03 2011 - 10:30 AM

I caught the pilot episode and yes, it does have a "Quincy ME" flavor with an attitude.  Hope it does well.

Did ABC cancel Detroit 1-8-7?  They sure went out with a lot of loose threads and story lines hanging out there in the "season finale."  A real Godfather-like final 15 minutes.  Pity if it's gone.

If so, thanks once again ABC for nothing!

RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#3 of 98 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,060 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 03 2011 - 10:43 AM

187 is dead. I thought the acting in body of proof was really poor

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 98 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,074 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 04 2011 - 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by RAF 

I caught the pilot episode and yes, it does have a "Quincy ME" flavor with an attitude.  Hope it does well.

Did ABC cancel Detroit 1-8-7?  They sure went out with a lot of loose threads and story lines hanging out there in the "season finale."  A real Godfather-like final 15 minutes.  Pity if it's gone.

Same here, 187 was my favorite show of the year.

I watched Body of Proof and will continue to do so as I like Dana Delaney.  She looks pretty good for a 55 year old woman.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#5 of 98 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,461 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 01:54 AM

Maybe they can do a Body of Proof/Castle crossover where they investigate a homicide on Wisteria Lane.

#6 of 98 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 04 2011 - 06:23 PM

My house got broken into today, and I wasn't sleeping, so I finally caught up on the pilot to this. Lot of potential, even though the premise is very female-driven, man-hating Lifetime Original-esque. All of the men are morons or outright villainous, except the medical investigator who is the idealized Perfect Man with the looks of a young Simon Baker. The assistant chief is an Amos-n-Andy-esque caricature, the dweeby other ME seems barely competent, and her ex-husband seems to be doing his very best to make their daughter hate her for no discernible reason. The lead detective shows the most promise; while he's a testosterone-driven stooge for most of the pilot, he keeps up with Delany's lead better than most.

Hopefully future episodes flesh out the supporting cast more, which is well-cast. I'm definitely around in the short term, even though it's always going to end up on the DVR backlog.

#7 of 98 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted April 05 2011 - 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

...the medical investigator who is the idealized Perfect Man with the looks of a young Simon Baker.

I immediately thought of a young Kenneth Branagh.

#8 of 98 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,074 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 06 2011 - 10:57 AM

I'm starting to like this series more and more.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#9 of 98 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 08 2011 - 05:40 AM

I like the show but part of that is because of Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan. The non believer Cop says the same thing everything every episode, I don't believe you, lets close the case.

That's going to get old.

#10 of 98 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted April 08 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'm really enjoying the show. I barely remember China Beach, and always remember Delany as the voice of Lois Lane in the Superman animated series back in the 90's.

I can't get past the fact that the guy playing the deputy chief, is the deliveryman in the Miller Lite commercials.

My only issue with the show so far, is that it takes place in Philly, but actually filmed in Providence.

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - December

#11 of 98 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted April 09 2011 - 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by RAF 

Well if Body of Proof has a Quincy, M.E. feel to it, then I'm going to check out the show if it does get shown in the UK (think Alibi have picked it up). What I would like to see, if it gets renewed, is for Detroit 1-8-7 to do a crossover with Body of Proof.

#12 of 98 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 12 2011 - 06:39 PM

This show is beginning to remind me of "House",  only with corpses. The biggest improvement since the pilot is the way all of the coroner's office staff are shown to be competent professionals. The black cop and Jeri Ryan's boss character still need to be fleshed out, but I'm really liking the rest of the cast.

#13 of 98 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted April 13 2011 - 03:56 AM

Does Body of Proof have much of a title sequence? More and more US TV shows these days (especially network series) have either a very short title sequence or nothing at all.

#14 of 98 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 13 2011 - 06:46 AM

No, just an animated title card with a lab coat pulling a sheet over the outline of a body.

#15 of 98 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 13 2011 - 06:49 AM

There are only "x" number of minutes for story per hour.  With shows not only getting squeezed by more commercials but are having to yield precious minutes to "reality" competitions about races, survival, dancing and singing that run over the standard time limits week after week.  They've already squeezed and sped-up the closing credits to air them over the promos for the following show (to the point where the unions are really upset) so the last thing left to cut was the main title squence, which used to be a kind of art form.  Now you get a few seconds of music and a title card, and then the credits run over the action at the top of act one.   (And even at that shows like Castle tend to run a minute or two shorter than similar dramas on other networks.)  Pity.

Re: Body of Proof.  I'm enjoying it. Within a couple of episodes they've already moved beyond a lot of what people saw as cliches in the pilot, and I'm enjoying the characters.  I do think that Jeri Ryan, especially, needs to be "fleshed out" more, as it were.  But that red dress she was wearing while getting ready for her date goes a long way toward making me forgive the producers.  And of course I've had a mad crush on Dana Delaney ever since and Marg Helgenberger were heating up China Beach.  (Heck, I actually went back and watched Desperate Housewives for a awhile there when Dana was on.)  It could eventually lose my interest, but for now I'll be sticking with the show.

Regards,

Joe

#16 of 98 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted April 13 2011 - 08:01 AM

Body of Proof's fast national ratings (posted on Zap2it) for episode 4 (last night's new episode on ABC) show that the show's ratings are keeping steady. They dipped a bit for episode 2 (which was shown on the Sunday night (3rd April) after the series premiere the previous Tuesday night (29th March), but went back up with episode 3.

Re: Title sequences in TV shows these days (and this does go off-topic). A good example where there's no title sequence, just a flash of a title card showing the name of the show and the lead character, is The Listener, the Canadian drama series about a psychic paramedic (Season 2 is currently being shown on FX in the UK). Because The Listener had been off air for ages (something like two years since the first season), I'm guessing the show's makers put "Season 2" on screen under the show's title because there hadn't been new episodes for ages.

It's been refreshing watching Treme and now Rubicon (this started on BBC Four last week), as they have long title sequences. But is this because they're/they were cable shows?

#17 of 98 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted April 13 2011 - 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mikel_Cooperman 

I like the show but part of that is because of Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan. The non believer Cop says the same thing everything every episode, I don't believe you, lets close the case.

That's going to get old.

I agree, with you regarding the non believer cop.  She solves the case, and each time a new case comes up the cop doubts her?  Outside of that, I enjoy the show.

Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#18 of 98 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,074 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 13 2011 - 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

This show is beginning to remind me of "House",  only with corpses. The biggest improvement since the pilot is the way all of the coroner's office staff are shown to be competent professionals. The black cop and Jeri Ryan's boss character still need to be fleshed out, but I'm really liking the rest of the cast.

True, but last night's show was at least a beginning in showing them in action as they solved that murder.  I'm really starting to dig this show.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#19 of 98 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted April 13 2011 - 12:02 PM

I am really enjoying this show, with Megan trying to make her team follow some script for her daughter's project.

And I did notice the non-believing detective was MIA, so a lot less arguing. I always remember him as the cross-dressing brother from The Drew Carey Show.

#20 of 98 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 650 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 11:29 AM

Just like everyone else. I am really enjoying this show.  The pilot was just so-so.  Each and every week the episodes have been getting better and better.  Found this weeks episode to be the best yet.  Glad to see that the daughter maybe thawing in her relationship to Mom.

Good stuff.

Doug

a:5:{s:9:"signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users