What's new

HTF Poll: How do you have your surround system configured? Vote and you could win a $50 Amazon gift (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We decided it might be fun to have an official poll every month, and to kick it off in style we have decided to give away a $50 Amazon gift card to one lucky HTF member. To enter just vote in this months poll. Winner will be drawn at random.

This months question is: How do you have your receiver set up? 5.1, 7.1 or even 9.1?

Feel free to discuss your setup below. Good luck!

Poll closes Monday April 11th

Fine print: We will chose one person at random who voted in the poll to win a $50 Amazon gift card (USD). In the event that the winner lives outside of the US we will at the winners request substitute a local currency Amazon gift card worth the equivalent of $50 USD.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I have a Panny Blu ray HTiB. The 7.1, 1250w system. But I don't bother with the side speakers unless I'm going to watch something that uses them, like Dark City.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I have a 6.1 or 5.1+ system. Basically 5.1 with an extra rear middle/height.

And a sort of combined double-sub.

But I'm technically convinced that 5.1 is enough.

(Voted as 7.1 used in 5.1)

Cees

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
We've got a 7.1 system, but don't use the 6+7 speakers for two reasons:

a) they'd sit in the middle of the floor at the sides and my daughter would eat them (she's at that stage).

b) we didn't notice any difference using them when we did have them in position, of course, if we were to use them regularly, we likely would begin to notice the difference, but reason 'a' limits that at the moment...

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
My main system is 5.1, and that was my vote. I also have a system in my computer room, which is 7.1 set up as a 5.1 - which I also run a lot as 2.1.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
7.1 -- in 7.1 configuration with rear speakers. Vandersteen, Energy, and Lava.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just expanded from 5.1 to 7.1 last weekend. Dipoles on the sides near the ceiling and bipoles at the back at about a 90 degree angle at the same height as the sides. Going to 7.1 wasn't like night and day, but it is definitely an improvement. The room is about 500 square ft.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I voted 6.1 as that is what I have in the main system. The secondary basement system has 8.1 with two height channels.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Using 5.1 on a 7.1 system. Hope to add two more

speakers at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks