Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Gnomeo & Juliet (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,598 posts

Posted April 01 2011 - 05:09 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

FEATURING NEW MUSIC FROM SIR ELTON JOHN 

Fall In Love With This Fresh And Funny Take On One  

Of The World’s Most Timeless Stories 

GNOMEO & JULIET 

Releases on Blu-ray™, Blu-ray 3D™, DVD, Movie Download & On-Demand May 24th  

Only On Blu-ray For Fans To Enjoy: Two Really Cute Alternate Endings, 

Two Alternate Openings, Six Deleted Scenes and More! 

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Burbank, Calif., April 1, 2011 – This coming summer to the U.S., don’t miss the chance to bring 

home GNOMEO & JULIET - the hilarious twist on William Shakespeare’s legendary tale Romeo & 

Juliet as you’ve never seen it before, perfect for the whole family.  Enter the secret world of garden 

gnomes and meet two adorable gnomes from completely different worlds who fight the odds to be 

together.  From a director of Shrek 2, and featuring fun, all-new music by Sir Elton John, the out- 

of-the-ordinary animated comedy GNOMEO & JULIET releases on Blu-ray™, Blu-ray 3D™, DVD, 

Movie Download and On-Demand – May 24, 2011. 

Uniquely packaged with families’ top of mind, GNOMEO & JULIET will be made available for 

purchase by Walt Disney Studios as either a 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 3D + 

DVD with Digital Copy), a 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 2D + DVD) and/or a 1-Disc DVD. 

Disney Blu-ray Combo Packs provide families with an enhanced entertainment experience – with the 

value and flexibility to enjoy your favorite movies on a variety of platforms of choice.  

And for those who enjoy to learn more about the making of the film, GNOMEO & JULIET  discs  

come enclosed with never-before-seen bonus features including “Elton Builds A Garden,” “Frog 

talk with Ashley Jensen,”, “Crocodile Rock Music Video featuring Elton John and Nelly Furtado.” 

And for those who purchase the Blu-ray Disc, it includes hours of extra exclusive bonus features 

including alternate endings, deleted scenes and more. 

“Makes you smile from start to finish.”  

Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times 

GNOMEO & JULIET is brought to life by the extraordinary voices of Golden Globe nominee James 

McAvoy (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe) as Gnomeo; Emily Blunt 

(The Devil Wears Prada) as Juliet; Academy Award winner Michael Caine (Inception) as Lord 

Redbrick; Jason Statham (The Trasnsporter franchise) as Tybalt; Ashley Jensen (TV’s Ugly Betty) 

as Nanette; Patrick Stewart (X-Men franchise) as William Shakespeare; Ozzy Osbourne (TV’s The 

Osbournes) as Fawn and Maggie Smith (Harry Potter  franchise) as Lady Blueberry.  

“It’s family-friendly fun.”  

Ashley Muldoon, OK! Magazine 

Bonus Features: 

DVD & Movie Download: 

Elton Builds a Garden 

Frog Talk with Ashley Jensen 

“Crocodile Rock” Music Video, featuring Elton John and Nelly Furtado  

Blu-ray: 

DVD Bonus plus: 

2 Alternate Endings with Filmmaker Introductions  

Deleted & Alternate Scenes with Filmmaker Introductions, including: 

o 1 Alternate Opening 

o 1 Alternate Scene 

o 6 Deleted Scenes  

The Fawn of Darkness, featuring Ozzy Osbourne  

cid:886E349D-3B05-406A-841F-8DAA5BD1E0E3

Film Synopsis:  

From a director of Shrek 2 comes your chance to step into the secret world of garden gnomes 

— Gnomeo & Juliet. Perfect for the whole family, this fresh and funny makeover of one of the 

world’s most timeless stories features music from Sir Elton John, and the voice talents of Emily 

Blunt, James McAvoy and Sir Michael Caine. Caught up in a feud between neighbors, Gnomeo 

and Juliet must overcome as many obstacles as their namesakes. But with flamboyant pink 

flamingos and epic lawnmower races, can this young couple find lasting happiness? Complete 

with hilarious never-before-seen bonus features, Gnomeo & Juliet is an out-of-the-ordinary 

animated comedy your entire family will love. We just gnome it! 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 01 2011 - 07:58 AM

Is it just me or does it seem like this was just released to theaters?  Either way I'm glad that Disney is releasing on 3D.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 01 2011 - 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

Is it just me or does it seem like this was just released to theaters?

I thought the same thing (maybe I'm confusing it with Mars Needs Moms which came out two or three weeks ago?) but according to the IMDB, Gnomeo came out on Febraury 11 so a May 24 video release is about par for the course.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 01 2011 - 08:47 AM

It opened in theaters on February 11.

I did not realize that Elton John was one of the producers of the movie.  I may have to check it out.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,598 posts

Posted April 01 2011 - 12:09 PM

This was just in theaters.  In fact, it kind of crept in and

went out with little fanfare.  Something tells me this film

didn't do very well.

In any case, big thumbs up to Disney for continuing to

release 3D product to the marketplace.  They have been

doing a damn good job with their 3D releases.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted April 01 2011 - 02:56 PM

This film has done almost 167 million at the box-office world wide...not too shabby.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted May 03 2011 - 12:39 PM

Here are some film clips

Gnome Intro-Film Clip:

Balcony Scene-Film Clip:

Doomed Love-Film Clip:

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,409 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted May 03 2011 - 03:02 PM

I was dragooned into the theater by my wife and her female friends to watch this movie and did not expect to like it.  I was pleasantly surprised and found the movie quite entertaining.  Good animation, good story telling, and some great music.

It's not on a par with Pixar (but who is).  I don't feel a burning need to own this, unless I found a really great deal.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts

Posted June 04 2011 - 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I was dragooned into the theater by my wife and her female friends to watch this movie and did not expect to like it.  I was pleasantly surprised and found the movie quite entertaining.  Good animation, good story telling, and some great music.

It's not on a par with Pixar (but who is).  I don't feel a burning need to own this, unless I found a really great deal.

Watched this film this evening.  Very pleased with the 3D and the story was pretty good as well.  Although, my husband was less than thrilled with the storyline.  Going to let my kids watch it tomorrow and see what they think.  Overall Im pleased with my purchase.

Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.