-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Dobbs HT: Starting From Scratch

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 of 82 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,443 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 15 2014 - 09:41 AM

Still no word on Auro3D or DTS-UHD for home use.  Personally, I think Barco should just drop regular Auro (channel and matrix based) and glom on to their partner's DTS-UHD codec and its object approach.  Auro is doing that way for theatrical mixing.  You MAY see positional data for those extra height speakers with DTS-UHD, but since they're keeping quiet, it's anyone's guess.  

Auro 3D is in a few home processors now but there is no film software available on blu ray.

A review of one here.  Looks like a fine piece of kit, i suspect Dolby Atmos will get actual blu ray encoded titles and Auro will not.

http://www.avforums....ssor-review.565

• andySu likes this

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#82 of 82 Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 804 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted August 18 2014 - 09:26 AM

Installed more HVAC.  Pictures soon.

Until then, here are my thoughts on the Dolby Atmos experience.

http://www.hometheat...-2#entry4130160

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users