Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Spartacus (Son of...Return of...Abbott and Costello Meet...?)

Robert Harris

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tuco

Tuco

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 30 2011 - 04:39 PM

With the upcoming Warner Kubrick set, is there any chance that the problems in the Universal blu-ray wll be corrected?

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Lead Actor

• 7,612 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tuco 

With the upcoming Warner Kubrick set, is there any chance that the problems in the Universal blu-ray wll be corrected?

Doubtful.  The film needs to go back to elements for a new scan.

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted April 05 2011 - 06:27 AM

I believe the Digital Bits already said that Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove will be the same discs, and now that I think of it, the others will be as well. I really hope that Criterion (seeing that they will be able to release both Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Brazil, while Universal will release one first) will get their chance to release Spartacus correctly someday.

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Husar

Brian Husar

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted April 06 2011 - 04:38 PM

Does anybody know if the others will be the same transfers from 2007, those were not bad, if they are and since they announced that Lolita and Barry Lyndon will be sold individually than there would be no reason to buy the box set.