Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HELP! Totally, 100% Confused by All These Connections!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 08 2011 - 06:25 AM

LOL,  what are the smart gadgets you speak of?   I assume iPhone is Internet talk that means "I tried to phone you last night and left a message",  But I am having some problem with the translation of iPod.

#22 of 24 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 15 2011 - 08:42 AM

But I am having some problem with the translation of iPod.

Then you probably don't even want to think about what an iPad might be.  Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#23 of 24 OFFLINE   AnnM

AnnM

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted April 16 2011 - 05:48 AM

So far, I can say "iPass" on the smartphones. The reason? First is cost of operation. Most people are spending well over $100/month for services. I just need a good quality flip phone that I can use for calling when I need it. Second, I'm not sold on the idea of giving up my wallet, credit cards, and personal identity to have everything chipped on a smartphone. There are individuals who spend their lives looking for ways to steal mine, so I know they can find intrusion methods, grab what they want, and be gone before McAfee or Symantec issue a security patch.

Old movies capture time. They show us how State of the Art everything was. 

#24 of 24 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 17 2011 - 06:27 AM

I have also passed on smart phones.  In fact last year I converted our two cell phones over to a block of prepaid minutes and saved a bundle of money.  I wonder why we have become of a society who feel the need to be connected 24/7.   It's sad when you see someone walking their dog and while talking on a cell phone.

I have a friend who builds computers for me and his take on hacking is if it's electronic it can be hacked.