-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

All Things DARK SHADOWS (w/Spoilers)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1604 replies to this topic

#1601 of 1605 tracyedgar

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted June 16 2014 - 12:31 PM

I'll be there Charles--I've been going to the Fests with my friend Sue on both coasts for at least five years now. I don't think you know me, but I know who you are from your interactions with the cast--and they all know you! Plus...they all depend on your extensive knowledge of the storylines to answer the questions that they can't answer! So, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to NOT know who Charles Ellis is! LOL! I'll make sure to say hello at some point! I'm one of the young guys, pushing an older lady in a wheelchair (Sue). ~Tracy

#1602 of 1605 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted June 17 2014 - 01:22 PM

Yesterday we got through 578, the episode where Carolyn Stoddard was played by Diana Walker. For in impromptu drop-in like that, I thought that both the casting director and Ms. Walker did a credible job.

But it also underscores just how much Nancy Barrett owned that role. Getting to see someone else attempt it really brings that home.

And I wanted to add that the whole subplot of Julia being under the influence of Tom Jennings came out of left field for me. That must have taken place at a time when I didn't have access to audio tapes nor friends taping the episodes for me. I hadn't seen it coming and was totally surprised by it. It's nice when that kind of thing happens as it raises the appreciation level of the series. 

Harry

• ScottDombrowski and Ockeghem like this
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#1603 of 1605 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,100 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 02:04 PM

POPULAR

Harry,

I would be very hard-pressed to name my all-time favorite actor / actress from the original Dark Shadows, but Nancy Barrett is certainly among my top three.  You are right when you say she owned that role.

• Harry-N, ScottDombrowski and Shatner's Grim Reaper like this

#1604 of 1605 Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 03:21 PM

POPULAR

Remarkable....absolutely remarkable to the actors and actresses that made the entire 1966-1971 DS run. People talk about and rightly so about the remarkable effort by Janssen in his tireless efforts as probably the most overworked TV prime time actor for the four years that he put in for "The Fugitive"....the DS crew deserve a similar honor for their tireless efforts as well (as I guess any of the long term Soap Opera actors and actresses) but DS gets the nod in the SO category given the many different characters the regular cast played out over that time.
  • Harry-N, ScottDombrowski and Ockeghem like this

#1605 of 1605 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted June 17 2014 - 03:40 PM

Harry,

I would be very hard-pressed to name my all-time favorite actor / actress from the original Dark Shadows, but Nancy Barrett is certainly among my top three.  You are right when you say she owned that role.

Very few could do convincing "angst" like Nancy Barrett.

Harry

• Ockeghem likes this
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users