Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home theater Door

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   vman1

vman1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 27 2011 - 05:25 PM

I wanted to know if anyone has any references to door manufacturers that create single pane doors with double paned glass with an air pocket between the two sheets of glass. I know solid core doors are the best for sound travel, however, natural light is very important in our application. Any references to companies that provide this would be of a great help. Thanks. Vman1

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,108 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 28 2011 - 07:16 PM

John- For my theater I just used a fire rated door wood door that was designed to go between a house and the garage.  Between the thickness and the weather stripping it has been working very well as a theater door and does a great job with the sound.  Try looking for an "exterior" wood door as any glass in in should be double pane.  I don't know what city you are in but in Seattle there is a store that specializes in doors.  If you can't find anything at Lowes or Home Depot, ask for a referral to a door store from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users