-

Photo
- - - - -

Waiting for iMac & Mac Pro refresh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted March 25 2011 - 07:28 AM

Anyone else anxious for the updates to the Mac Pro and iMac? I am not expecting anything drastic or ground breaking with the refresh. Thunderbolt would seem to be a given.

Probably the most interesting thing is the possibility of expanded ATI video card support coming. Also, I would assume they will come with 10.7 Lion installed.

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,710 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 27 2011 - 04:02 AM

I'm pretty happy with my OctaBox, doubt even ThunderBolt would get me to upgrade at full price cost.

I'd like to put a faster video card in, the Ubergoober post I revived yesterday has some encouraging news on that.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,702 posts

Posted March 27 2011 - 07:09 PM

I am.

Posted Image

Of course of everything I had listed in that thread for a wish list, it looks like only #1, #2 and #7 will come true, though I hold out hope for #4 as well.

Just praying they figured out the freezing-under-load problem the new Sandy Bridge MBPs have in time for the supposedly "on-the-boat-already-on-its-way-to-USA" iMac refresh.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted March 27 2011 - 08:46 PM

Opps...I didn't do a search first. Can you tell? :)

We should probably keep discussion in the earlier thread here: http://www.hometheat...ely-summer-2011

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.