Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

THE KEEP (1983), Where The Hell Is The DVD?! (Lend Your Support)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 24 2011 - 04:40 AM

When I woke up this morning, like usual, my eyes landed on my DVD Tower, and the many VHS covers lining the doors. This time was different, though, I couldn't get my eyes off the one of THE KEEP, and, I thought, 'That's it, I've had it up to here with it not being on DVD.' Hence this post, and this petition, to get one of the greatest movies NEVER released out on DVD.

Over the years I've heard rumors that Michael Mann's initial cut ran over three fuckin' hours. In a perfect world, this is the version I'd like to see, but since I can't miss what I never had, in this case, what I never saw, I'll settle for a nice version of the threatrical cut. And, I say that because I've heard Mann has pretty much disowned this movie. Too bad.

I know Paramount owns it and I can't tell who's to blame for it not being on DVD, Mann, the studio, or both. Suffice it to say one of these 'entities' needs to take the bull by the horns, and say 'fuck it,' and get the ball rollin' for the world to get this insanely awesome flick out on DVD.

So, who's with me?  Lend your support below. 

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#2 of 7 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,600 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 24 2011 - 09:43 AM

I honestly can't remember if I ever watched this or not.  I remember always picking up the LD at my local video store, but can't remember if I actually rented/watched it or not.

#3 of 7 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 3,966 posts

Posted March 24 2011 - 12:14 PM

I remember this (from the laser disc, not a theater) as being a convoluted, occasionally atmospheric but almost completely suspenseless horror film of some sort I couldn't even figure out. If there is a "director's cut" out there, I would be happy to reconsider it. Otherwise, if the version already released by Paramount comes to Blu, I would definitely give it a pass in deference to the fifty or so already announced catalog titles on their way during the next few months that I truly to admire.

#4 of 7 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted March 24 2011 - 01:36 PM

I saw a version of this on TV a few years back that had a completely different ending. I liked the new (TV) ending, much more than the theatrical version.

I would love to own this title, either cut, thank you!

#5 of 7 SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 24 2011 - 01:53 PM

It's called (Lend Your Support), Dick, not, (Lend Your Negativity).

Originally Posted by Dick 

I remember this (from the laser disc, not a theater) as being a convoluted, occasionally atmospheric but almost completely suspenseless horror film of some sort I couldn't even figure out. If there is a "director's cut" out there, I would be happy to reconsider it. Otherwise, if the version already released by Paramount comes to Blu, I would definitely give it a pass in deference to the fifty or so already announced catalog titles on their way during the next few months that I truly to admire.

#6 of 7 Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted March 24 2011 - 06:15 PM

Would certainly like to upgrade the old Laserdisc, a Director's Cut of THE KEEP on Blu-ray would be cool.

Derek M. Germano
THE CINEMA LASER
2,000-plus Blu-ray & DVD reviews now playing...
http://www.thecinemalaser.com

#7 of 7 TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,000 posts

Posted March 24 2011 - 07:36 PM

its been playing on netflix streaming the last few months or so.

Jacob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users