Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

3DS, What games??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,272 posts

Posted March 23 2011 - 07:41 AM

So what games do you guys have your eyes on and why? Reading some reviews on IGN, can't seem to make a choice... Will be picking up System on Sunday....

Steve Simon
HTF Administration
(Retired)

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,866 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 23 2011 - 09:01 AM

Street Fighter is universally called the best launch title. IGN gave Ridge Racer a surprisingly good review (since they had previously made it out to be iPhone shovelware). I'm getting Street Fighter, Pilotwings and Steel Diver. Pilot is getting generally good reviews, while Diver is called "decent, but should have been a downloadable title." Madden is said to be decent if you want a solo, barebones game, but most should wait for the next iteration. Nintendogs is supposed to be polished and fun, but not so different from past versions.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,272 posts

Posted March 23 2011 - 09:17 AM

Hey Gregg,

The PioletWings game looks cool, but I have it on the Wii...  Looks almost identical... The Sub Game is just about the only game I want, possibly Madden...

Steve Simon
HTF Administration
(Retired)

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,161 posts

Posted March 23 2011 - 11:17 AM

Honestly, I have no interest in any of the launch games.  I'd probably be just as happy buying the 3DS alone and nothing else.  That said, the promise of a Mario/Zelda/Metroid/etc. game in the future makes me want it.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,869 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 23 2011 - 12:00 PM

Funny you should ask! I'm working on building up my DS library to counter the weak launch lineup: http://www.quarterto...ead.php?t=63864

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,161 posts

Posted March 23 2011 - 12:21 PM

I've read complaints about how DS games look on the 3DS.  Not sure if buying the new hardware for the last gen is the best plan.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,869 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 23 2011 - 12:32 PM

Too late for that!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,866 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 24 2011 - 01:07 PM

Here's how to make them look a'ight: http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1157584p1.html

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,866 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 28 2011 - 09:01 PM

I really like Steel Diver.  It's a cool looking little game.  I came up in this little grotto, and there was a waterfall with a rainbow, with a green mountain peak way off in the distance.  It's a game of manipulating the forward/reverse slider and the surface/submerge slider at a moment's notice so you don't run into a wall, a mine, etc.  There was some concern expressed online about what how looking at the touchscreen would throw off your focus on the 3D (the concern was for all games, not SD specifically), but this game is ample proof that it's not an issue.  You have to use the lower screen quite a bit--even tapping on it to plug up leaks--and I never got disoriented or lost the top view at all.  I just have to crack the manual and figure out how to use the analog control for the periscope portions instead of the gyroscope.  The gyroscope is really cool if you're in a revolving chair or standing up, but not so great if you're in bed.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   davesmith

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 17 2011 - 10:46 PM

Id wait for a 3DS + zelda bundle if i were you, in the middle of june. Maybe they will even do a special edition of the console!!!!!?!?!!!!