What's new

3DS, What games?? (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
So what games do you guys have your eyes on and why? Reading some reviews on IGN, can't seem to make a choice... Will be picking up System on Sunday....

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Street Fighter is universally called the best launch title. IGN gave Ridge Racer a surprisingly good review (since they had previously made it out to be iPhone shovelware). I'm getting Street Fighter, Pilotwings and Steel Diver. Pilot is getting generally good reviews, while Diver is called "decent, but should have been a downloadable title." Madden is said to be decent if you want a solo, barebones game, but most should wait for the next iteration. Nintendogs is supposed to be polished and fun, but not so different from past versions.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Hey Gregg,

The PioletWings game looks cool, but I have it on the Wii... Looks almost identical... The Sub Game is just about the only game I want, possibly Madden...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, I have no interest in any of the launch games. I'd probably be just as happy buying the 3DS alone and nothing else. That said, the promise of a Mario/Zelda/Metroid/etc. game in the future makes me want it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Funny you should ask! I'm working on building up my DS library to counter the weak launch lineup: http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=63864

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've read complaints about how DS games look on the 3DS. Not sure if buying the new hardware for the last gen is the best plan.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I really like Steel Diver. It's a cool looking little game. I came up in this little grotto, and there was a waterfall with a rainbow, with a green mountain peak way off in the distance. It's a game of manipulating the forward/reverse slider and the surface/submerge slider at a moment's notice so you don't run into a wall, a mine, etc. There was some concern expressed online about what how looking at the touchscreen would throw off your focus on the 3D (the concern was for all games, not SD specifically), but this game is ample proof that it's not an issue. You have to use the lower screen quite a bit--even tapping on it to plug up leaks--and I never got disoriented or lost the top view at all. I just have to crack the manual and figure out how to use the analog control for the periscope portions instead of the gyroscope. The gyroscope is really cool if you're in a revolving chair or standing up, but not so great if you're in bed.

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Smith
Id wait for a 3DS + zelda bundle if i were you, in the middle of june. Maybe they will even do a special edition of the console!!!!!?!?!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks