What's new

Don Knotts - Tied Up With Laughter (Anyone know what this is?) (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
It is coming out on dvd on April 26 by MPI. I haven't found any news of it anywhere. But MPI's site says it will contain:

"a series of side-splitting stand-up routines and skits in rare performances from the 1960s-1970s"

along with 2 bonus features:

Don Knotts with Lucille Ball
An early look at Knott‘s comedy genius

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the rare Don Knotts show. It would be great if they could have included the episode of "The Joey Bishop Show" that he was on.

It seems a bit vague by the description.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Don't know, but it jogs my memory. Back in the early or mid-1960s I had a 45rpm single with Don Knotts doing a stand-up routine (maybe one on each side, don't remember) which I thought was hilarious and played it to death. I'd love to hear or see some of that now.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I just uncovered something that may shed light on what this. Don Knotts hosted an episode of The Hollywood Palace in 1970 in which Joey Heatherton & Lance Rentzel co-starred. So maybe this is that episode or, at least, portions of it. Because Jane Powell and Jimmy Durante joined Knotts for The Kraft Music Hall in 1969. So it looks like this will be some sort of compilation with those 2 programs. Really is a shame they couldn't include some other stuff as bonus features. I think it would have been relatively easy to license out the single episode of "The Joey Bishop Show".

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by Robert13
It is coming out on dvd on April 26 by MPI. I haven't found any news of it anywhere. But MPI's site says it will contain:

"a series of side-splitting stand-up routines and skits in rare performances from the 1960s-1970s"

along with 2 bonus features:

Don Knotts with Lucille Ball
An early look at Knott‘s comedy genius

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the rare Don Knotts show. It would be great if they could have included the episode of "The Joey Bishop Show" that he was on.

Like other MPI collections featuring Phyllis Diller and Tim Conway, it's a collection of skits from variety shows, primarily THE HOLLYWOOD PALACE. (I doubt that MPI is licensed to include any material from Don's own variety show.)

Since MPI is releasing HERE'S LUCY, it's likely that the "Don with Lucy" bonus feature is a clip(s) from the episode he guest-starred in.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Ah, that's what I thought. I just checked imdb.com and they don't even list The Don Knotts Show under his credits. Is it a "lost" program or something?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Robert13

.... I think it would have been relatively easy to license out the single episode of "The Joey Bishop Show".

The Variety Show of the Sit-Com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks