What's new

What happened to Warner Archives' DON JUAN??? (1 Viewer)

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
It has disappeared from the Warner Archives site, and customer service tersely says "the title is no longer being offered. We are sorry."

It was just released two weeks ago! It is a Warner Brothers film, so it shouldn't be a rights issue. Anyone have any scoop?

This may be an all-time record for "limited release"!

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Something is going on with it; I have it on my wish list and it says something that is really not possible based on the nature of the program:

[*] This item is out of stock.

• "

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This isn't the first time that this has happened at the Warner Archives. The 1960 film of Edna Ferber's [COLOR= #0000cd]Ice Palace [/COLOR]also had a short shelf life at the Archives before disappearing. Thankfully, I got my copy before it evaporated.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
The Turner Classic Movies website says that DON JUAN is available for pre-order, with a release date of April 22, a Friday instead of the usual Tuesday release day.

Normally I would consider that information suspect, but TCM is also a part of the Time Warner company.

Very puzzling indeed!

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by battlebeast
I thought Ted Turner owned TCM and the MGM library... ???

Ted Turner sold Turner Entertainment to Time-Warner in 1996.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I purchased "Don Juan" on street date along with the other silents and the copy that arrived was an old pressing with the old initial boring WAC artwork and no Vitaphone Shorts. I wasn't even aware that this title had been previously issued. I called customer service and the very cordial customer service rep determined that the website had the incorrect older SKU number on the new release. When she found the correct number, she tried to enter a replacement order, but the computer would not accept it. She escalated my customer service issue to a high priority and said someone would be in touch within 10 days. This was last Friday.

I'm still waiting to hear more and will repost when I do.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
I read today's New York Post article about the Warner Archive 2nd anniversary, and was miffed to see a discussion of the newly released DON JUAN. I rechecked the WAC website this evening, and surprise, the new DON JUAN has reappeared! So I ordered it quickly! I think that Rob_Ray solved the mystery of the disappearance in his post above. He was lucky to get a more savvy customer service rep than I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks